ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon look headlight bulbs

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
H7 fitment, in projector headlamps.

What do people reccomend? I've had a few sets over the years but never been overly impressed. I'm looking for something with a very slight hint of blue ideally, and nice and bright.

I never recommend halfords but I bought laser blue 120% ultra brilliant h7 477 bulbs from them for my projectors angel eyes. Best £30 spent. Lined up next to my mates corsa and punto both with hid kits - you can not tell the difference. £25 the pair. No regrets. "Halfrauds" came up trumps for once

Halfords. Don't hate for me suggesting them. Laser blue ultra brilliance h7 477's. got them for my angel eye projected. Lines up next to my mates with hid's, you can not tell the difference. You will not be disappointed. Best £25 I spent. No regrets

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
In true Daniel fashion, I've ordered the first set suggested to me on here! Mtec thingies.

I'll let you know how that goes! Lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
H7 fitment, in projector headlamps.

What do people reccomend? I've had a few sets over the years but never been overly impressed. I'm looking for something with a very slight hint of blue ideally, and nice and bright.

In true Daniel fashion, I've ordered the first set suggested to me on here! Mtec thingies.

I'll let you know how that goes! Lol

So yeah, after a MASSIVE ball ache fitting these (And some very impressive LED sidelights) I am left massively disappointed.

I took the car down a country lane tonight and it was like driving with sidelights. I'd go as far as to say, they're dangerous! The light emitted is poor at best. They give off the perfect colour, lovely in fact, but are worse than my standards.

So, back to the drawing board...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But aren't they crap??

I can't be fcuked with stuff failing, especially if she's driving it.

Mental 172 Cup
If your not keeping it long Youll probably get away with it.. You could spend £20 and get lucky or spend £60 and be unlucky.. All depends..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Halogens in projector lights? I dont know everything about headlights but shirley you need a HID kit for decent output?

No idea mate.

On my clio, I bought some bulbs from Osram or phillips, can't remember, and they were amazing! Difference was insane.

I just wanted minimal fuss.

Seems I need to get a 8000K HID kit??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't mock me smart arse.

You are supposed to offer help and advice!

Like a greeny blue I think. look at the kevlin scale.

5-6k is the meet between a clear light and good visibility, anything above that is stupidly blue and just for show I guess.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ok, brilliant.

Thanks chaps, 6000K HID kit it is then.

And a call to my auto electrician because I cannot be fcuked with all that s**t!

Mental 172 Cup
The lower the number the brighter the light, 4300k is OEM, 5000k is pure white, 6000k is ice white (slight blue tint).

ST
4300k is OEM, my old R27 with 6000k hids:
aratutaj.jpg

Next to Chic Harte's 172 with factory Xenon's:
jupevusy.jpg

This should help old boy x

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I wish the Toledo had projectors, I have ring 120% things in it and they're s**t as were nightbreakers.

Some people are recommending halogen bulbs when even 100w bulbs weren't enough light for Daniel! He's got projector lenses not reflector units, that's why hes getting a HID kit to go behind the projectors!