ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon lights

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Nope was not an option on the Clio MK3 PH2.. You can however get projector style headlights and buy a xenon HID kit for it..

Listerine & Poledo
As above, non-standard HID's will need you to add headlight washers and auto-leveling.

A lot more complicated than just changing lamps and still 90% likely to be a MOT fail

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I thought it was discovered that after market HIDs wouldn't fail MOT? It was due to the wording basically saying "if they aren't fitted, they can't fail", in relation to washers and auto levellers. Or is that something I made up in my head?

2007 1.5 DCI (86)
In theory, to have HIDs your car should have projector lenses for the correct beam pattern, outi levelling headlights so as not to dazzle other road users and automatic washing headlamps for the same reason. Although most smaller MOT garages to not test this. If you were to take it into a Renault garage it would most likely fail.