ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon level adjuster snapped

I've done a search and think this has happened to one or two people before, but I'm not too sure how to rectify this.
Here is the picture of my problem: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/xenon-manual-adjuster-piece.768639/

On both my lights this 'arm' has snapped which I presume will be making the headlights point downwards, or flop about when driving over humps etc.
I couldn't find a replacement part for this, unless, Renault stock them directly. Can anyone link me to the part, or suggest a workable solution?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
You are really out of luck im afraid. They arent sold separately unfortunately. I suspect they broke when the lights were posted to you.
There are countless threads with people having the same issue. BMW and other make replacement parts like this for their lights but renault dont. Its such a shame as it renders the light useless to an extent and will fail an MOT if it needs adjusting.

The only hope is for someone to make a load of these with a mould or 3d printer. @Russo , I know you are expertly at making stuff like this. Is there any chance you could make a load and sell them , even if they were £10 each. Im positive you would sell loads.

As Gus says. Its hopeless. Your best bet now other than replacing the xenons is to "pack out" the lights with hard cardboard to hold them into position and hope they pass mot. Very unfortunate .

182 Trophy
You are really out of luck im afraid. They arent sold separately unfortunately. I suspect they broke when the lights were posted to you.
There are countless threads with people having the same issue. BMW and other make replacement parts like this for their lights but renault dont. Its such a shame as it renders the light useless to an extent and will fail an MOT if it needs adjusting.

The only hope is for someone to make a load of these with a mould or 3d printer. @Russo , I know you are expertly at making stuff like this. Is there any chance you could make a load and sell them , even if they were £10 each. Im positive you would sell loads.

I definitely think there would be a market for these adjusters if they were 3d printed.

Clio V6 255
Thanks for the add @optical , I would need to see the full part and how it secures into the light casing, but initial thoughts it's possible. Is it just one common part or are they handed for N/S and O/S?
Never realised this was a common problem will have a search later.
Sure I've got a spare headlight stored away ( just need to find it!!! ) and have a look.

Thanks for the replies.
Aside from the MOT, it's causing other drivers to be dazzled which is also the worry especially as the days are getting shorter. I do a lot of driving in my car in the night. Needless to say, I'd like the lights to also be functional in allowing me to see ahead, instead pointing down at the road.
I suppose the only option is to essentially buy replacement headlights, and with these being xenons, will set me back about £150 for the pair, used - assuming that this part is intact on the new set.
I might ring Renault and see how much the headlamps cost (with out the igniters or ballast) - as at least in this case I'd have a 1 year warranty if they snap. But just to step back, do the DCIs even successfully adjust the xenons' level - is that functionality there?
But if they can be supplied, how on earth can they be fitted since its all a sealed unit?

Thanks for the add @optical , I would need to see the full part and how it secures into the light casing, but initial thoughts it's possible. Is it just one common part or are they handed for N/S and O/S?
Never realised this was a common problem will have a search later.
Sure I've got a spare headlight stored away ( just need to find it!!! ) and have a look.
Just to add, which perhaps someone else could clarify - I'm not sure if its the same part on both non-xenon and the xenon variety. We're interested in the xenon model as the other headlights are cheaply obtainable.
Thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Question - to remove the headlights, does the bumper need to be loosened? Are there any hidden screws
Dont be tight , join up for the guide.
You should be able to look in the wheel arch and see a bolt under the black flappy bit that needs removing. Then remove the wheel arch liner screw. you can then carefully pull the bumper sides out and move it enough to get to the headlight bottom bolt.