ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon kit on standard headlamp

Clio II phase B Dynamique
hi mates...I thought of putting an aftermarket xenon kit on my clio but I have some doubt as to whether to mount it on the original lights 'cos are not lenticular ...

what do you think about?

i thought of putting a 5000k kit in order to have more light than a standard 4500k but not the blue shade of a 6000k...and no problem whit police! eh eh!

:D

The only problem is that putting a HID kit in normal reflector headlights such as the standard clio, is they can cause quite bad glare to on coming traffic. Kids on here will tell you this is not the case, but it is. I'm not sure on the legalities in Italy, but doing it is illegal in the UK.

You would be best off getting some 172/182 headlights and fitting them.

the beam will be scattered all over the place with the standard reflector lenses... not particularly safe for cars coming towards you who will be dazzled.

Clio II phase B Dynamique
The only problem is that putting a HID kit in normal reflector headlights such as the standard clio, is they can cause quite bad glare to on coming traffic. Kids on here will tell you this is not the case, but it is. I'm not sure on the legalities in Italy, but doing it is illegal in the UK.

You would be best off getting some 172/182 headlights and fitting them.

in italy was illegal because original xenon must have automatic height adjustment and headlamp water sprayers...sorry i can't translate...

a pics of that..of a phase III whit original xenon kit!

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww128/MOTORSPORT1979/farixenolavafarifarivisibilitlatera.jpg

mine was a Clio II phase B....

for bad glare to on coming traffic, I've read that there are H7R light bulbs made for the normal reflector headlights...u know that bulbs type?

buy 172 headlight was impossibile...i've changed a short time ago my original...and a pairs of 172/182 headlight was 250€ pricey...not original obviously! original was 350€ expansive and I have not found a used pairs!

:(