ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon issue

Clio 172
Hi Guys,

when I turn on my head lights I only get the drivers xenon come on. I have taken of the bulb plug and put a new bulb in the holder but not fitted it in the light just to test to see if its the bulb and found that when I turn on the lights the drivers one come on still but the passenger one flashes and goes out.

tried bulb it drivers side and the bulb works fine.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Rob

Clio 182, volvo S40
just had this problem on my 182, you've tested the bulb, first check the fuses, next i would swap the ignitor to the opposite side and check that. lastly swap the whole lamp units over to test the ballast packs.

i was lucky and it was just an ignitor. simple fix. especially when i had the bumper stripped anyhow. :) IMG_4423.JPG

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Could it be cheaper/easier to buy a HID kit and fit it if the ballasts broken? Renault ballast linked is £25 quid - eBay HID kit money, just a thought!