ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Headlight - fuse keep blowing

White 172 ITB's
Hi,

I've just noticed that the drivers side xenon isn't working, passenger side is fine. Side lights works fine and so does main beam.

Checked the fuse and that had blown so i changed it, turn the lights on and it blew again. disconnected the headlight changed the fuse and it didn't blow.

I've also tried changing the bulb and control unit (thats the bit on the buld isn't it?)

I don't have an inner wheel arch that side so could water have got into the ballast pack?

Is it worth trying the other light on the side that isn't working?

Cheers

RS Clio 172
The Cup don't have xenon's

Edit: I thought I was on a diff site where they all know naff all. I'd try the other light mate.

Da

Less
From Renault - yes.

But they often appear on eBay and the like for ~£80.

Oh and they're mounted to the base of the headlight, so it's still a bumper off job :(

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
i had same issue with fuses blowing, i basically swapped everything over to eliminate the parts that were ok. The ballast urned out to be faulty. i cant find the site i got it from but if you google the part number. iirc they are the same as some units used in bmw and mercedes. i payed £65.00 new inc delivery. i hope this helps.

White 172 ITB's
i had same issue with fuses blowing, i basically swapped everything over to eliminate the parts that were ok. The ballast urned out to be faulty. i cant find the site i got it from but if you google the part number. iirc they are the same as some units used in bmw and mercedes. i payed £65.00 new inc delivery. i hope this helps.
Thanks, does anyone know the part number?