ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon gone again. Sad panda

So just a few months after I replaced my xenon ballast it seems the new one has failed and im left with only the sidelight working.

To be honest its going to be a pain in the hole taking off the bumper in the rain so i may change around a few things while im at it.

Anyone feel that its worth changing out the standard bulbs for silvervisions / 5000k etc?

StupidBallast.jpg

And if anyone has a spare working ballast give me a shout :approve:

Changes to often
to be honest if another has gone in such a short time, there is probs a reason for it and might be worth getting looked at before you fit another.

to be honest if another has gone in such a short time, there is probs a reason for it and might be worth getting looked at before you fit another.

Should have mentioned the first time the xenon stopped working the headlight had moisture in it. When i took off the ballast and opened it up it had water pouring out of it so im sure thats what fried the first one. Perhaps its the bulb giving up on me now?

Have you actually tried changing the bulb because its done this to me before.

Think ill get new bulbs now anyway. Maybe 5000k. Did your bulb just give out straight away? Ive heard people say they start to discolour first.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you sure its completrly not working?

My passenger side sometimes stops working due to condensation but then it will come back on again.

Yeah its been off now for 2 days so i have little hope of it coming back. Doesn't seem to be any condensation in the light either...

sad.gif

Fiesta ST-3
No didnt touch the bulbs at all just replaced that ballast. Should i have?

Well lol whilst you have the whole front end off, yes I think it would of been worth changing the bulbs. As now you have to take the front end off again and it might be a blown bulb. If it is the bulb, make sure you replace both bulbs ;)

Ah i see what you mean. Yeah had I of known it was such an arse pain to do i would have changed them originally.

Anyone think its worth changing the side lights?

Clio 182
Deffo try the bulb mate, I changed mine after I changed the ballast, if its not them then its the ignitor. I have a spare one if needed.

if the bulb on the O/S is working swap it over to see if it is the bulb thats faulty saves buying a new set and finding out

Just ordered the dipped beams and indicator lights so far Jack so I couldnt tell you.

Im still looking around to see what poeple thinking of the different sidelights before committing to buying them. Im at a bit of a loss with all the different types myself. Id like to get some as close to my main beams (5000k) as possible without any tint of blue/purple etc.

^^I had those and after a few months they started to flicker like mad, personally i would use these for the sidelight LEDs http://www.partsulike.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_107 have had mine in a while now with no problems.

[url]http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/d2s-35w-hid-xenon-bulb-set/
[/URL]

^^Decent cheap bulbs only problem is 6k don't provide enough light but look the best, i just changed to 5k and they're a million times better

Cheers Martin. Ive actually ordered the 5000k bulbs I must have linked the wrong page.

^^I had those and after a few months they started to flicker like mad, personally i would use these for the sidelight LEDs http://www.partsulike.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_107 have had mine in a while now with no problems.

Ill take your advice and get those sidelights :approve:. I can see a 4 different types of bulbs on that link though. Which type did you buy?

Cheers Martin. Ive actually ordered the 5000k bulbs I must have linked the wrong page.

Ill take your advice and get those sidelights :approve:. I can see a 4 different types of bulbs on that link though. Which type did you buy?

Second set down £9.99:D

Clio 182
When i removed ballast from mine last yr I had water pouring out it too, so when i fitted new one just covered all edges in silicone to prevent any moisture penetration, hopefully its just the bulb in ur case - gets costly replacing them if u cnt find used ones (luckily got one of ebay fr £45 wen mine went) :)

I finally got time to change out my bulbs earlier today.

Good news: it was the xenon bulb that went and not the ballast :cool:

Headlight.gif

The LED sidelights looks slightly green in the picture but they are white to the naked eye.
The 5000k dipped beams are great. Noticeable increase in brightness compared to my old bulbs although the one on the passenger side looks slightly more blue for some reason!

Bad news: Silver indicator bulbs dont have the correct pin alignment to fit in the bulb holder so im stuck with the regular ones for now. Anyone know a way around this or did i just get the wrong ones?

Silver.jpg