ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenon flickering and pink in colour

GSXR + KDX220
I noticed my drivers side xenon comes on but then dims to a dull pinky colour yesterday, it also flickered a couple of times.

is this likely to just be the bulb? or the ballast or something else?

GSXR + KDX220
Really? not 1 reply??!

Well after removing the bulb on one side to check it with the other one.....CAN I GET IT BACK IN??! This is with the lights still in situ, big mistake I think! Bumper off and lights out I guess?

GSXR + KDX220
I went with the stock 4200k, (4300k?) one of those....I prefer the whiter look over bluey ones :)

no pics at the moment, but look the same as stock anyway ;)

GSXR + KDX220
It doesn't take long mate, and trust me you will thank yourself at how much easier it is with the lights out lol!

taking the bumper off takes the longest, although mine doesn't have ALL the fixings so only took 10mins max. once the lights are out (3 x 10mm bolts ), its a doddle :) a minute or 2 each side

Blk/Gold 182 FF
did you replace both bulbs at the same time mate? Mine has done this last night so im guessing a new bulb is needed. It comes on fine, then dulls and glows pink :\

GSXR + KDX220
I think I bought a pair and changed them both, and kept the other as a spare :) Just incase the colour was slightly different. Yeah, definately the bulb if its doing that.