ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon Colour differance?

Yozza'd Monster 182
hi all. im new here and looking at a Mk2 187 (05) to buy at the moment and have found one at my local dealers. i noticed that the headlights (factory Xenons) are giving off slightly differant shades of light. one is bright white and the other is off white/light blue. is this a sign they need replacing? or is this correct? i left them to heat up for about 5mins and they were still the same. i also looked at them from differant angles and they are definatly differant. the reason i ask is ive heard they expensive to replace so if they are no good i can get the dealer to sort it before i buy :). sorry for the long post but thought it best to give a good exlanation as i have no pictures. thanks, alex.

Better than yours. C*nt.
187?

The headlamps should warm up to be a very crisp white - if not then they may have swapped the 'bulb' but it may just be a case of you looking at them from a slightly different angle. The lens makes most of the 'blue' tinge that's seen in factory-fit Xenons.

Yozza'd Monster 182
Sorry 182. Ok so i'l take a look at the bulbs to see whats up. The dealer recons there original but at 4yrs old i doubt it.

If one has been replaced then this will be the cause. I know that people on here have had a mare with getting the same colour. Unless you buy two that are from the safe manufacturer at the same time, you will struggle to get a colour match.

Mine are coming up to five years old and still going strong. Even with a lot of use during the day (habbit from my father).

Yozza'd Monster 182
If one has been replaced then this will be the cause. I know that people on here have had a mare with getting the same colour. Unless you buy two that are from the safe manufacturer at the same time, you will struggle to get a colour match.

Mine are coming up to five years old and still going strong. Even with a lot of use during the day (habbit from my father).

cheers for the info. as its only a slight differance i dont think il worry about it at the moment. i shall change them as and when i need to. will change both at the same time too to get a proper match.

you're talking quite a bit of money per bulb. Don't change them if you have to fella.

Welcome to CS and the 182 fella :) Hope you enjoy it :)

ST

'bitches gaze when they see dem xenons blaze'