ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XDA Serra Vs Sony X1 Vs Omnia - Help from O2 employee if poss!

Clio 197
Hiya,

I personally love the Touch-Flo interface...

...so whichever phone I get, I will load that interface onto it (whether Manilla 2D, or Touch Flo 3D - depending on the capabilities of the device).

What I'm umming and arring about is the hardware TBH... I'm in 2/3 minds at the moment!

Problem 1:
O2 won't upgrade me onto the 'Serra' over the phone because they don't stock it - but they have it in store, and they have it online, and they have it over the phone for business customers.

I'm quite annoyed about this because I've been with them for centuries! Anyone know of a way round them?

If not, I'll have to go for the X1 (which I wasn't keen on start off with due to lack of accelerometer).

Problem 2:
I can't decide whether or not I actually want a keyboard. I have an Orbit 2 at the moment. On screen text input is a bit of a mare due to only having a 2.8" screen.

Despite its lower resolution, the Omnia has a nice large screen... therefore text input should be easier... but how much easier is it going to be? Would I be able to participate on Cliosport for example? Would I be able to write an email?

Should I get a bluetooth thumb-board... or just opt for a device with a keyboard (for the sake of an extra 30g or so)?

All opinions welcome.

Oms. :)

The x1 is a really nice phone to use. Still has it's win mobile quirks and isnt as finger friendly as the iphone for instance but if you get passed that the panel interface has some real potential when devs start out with it. Also can run the touch flo 3d interface as a panel which is pretty smart. Have you thought the touch hd, not sure if it is on o2 tho.

Clio 197
Touch HD isn't on O2...

...plus if I'm going to get anything that big, I'd like a keyboard! (hence I didn't think of the iphone).

Do you think that's reasonable... or shouldn't I write-off those phones with MASSIVE screens?

Clio 182
I had the Omnia for all of 5 mins and its useless without the stylus due to how the touch screen is set up for texts etc etc...
Have heard that the X1 is way better

Clio 197
^^

Symbian no doubt?! ;)

Well, I had an E65 and it was lovely while the phone lasted... (less than my 18 month contract).

I got myself the communicator... but I felt that it just was an E65 with a bigger screen and keyboard. Oh, and weighed a tonne too!

Unless the UI has changed between the E65 and the E71, I would't be too keen to go back TBH.

Maybe I'm ignorant - I just don't see why a high end business user would choose the symbian platform when WM has so much to offer (IMO).

I'd quite like a rebuttal from you Tom, because it might make me think twice (before it's too late!!).

Oms. :)

nah, he properly means apple os iphone. Far superior to windows mobile.

Regarding the omina, been setting one up for work and its poo. I really hate it, the touch screen is useless as stated above with the stylus which comes in the nice form of a phone charm, well gay!

If you are after windows mobile phone that looks smart and works quite well i would suggest the X1, you can even run the touchflo 3d interface (same as the HTC touch pro/serra) as a panel if you want however the best touch screen phone out at the moment is the iphone.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had the Omnia for all of 5 mins and its useless without the stylus due to how the touch screen is set up for texts etc etc...
Have heard that the X1 is way better

I find it fine although i'm not happy with my "new" orange branded replacement...