ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Live iPhone app released

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
360 Live is a new iPhone app that allows you to access your Xbox Live account on the go.

Here's the deal: "Designed for hardcore Xbox 360 gamers and iPhone owners, 360 Live is a gorgeous looking iPhone & iPod Touch application that retrieves your friends Xbox Live stats such as their gamerscore, online status, gamer pictures, avatars, latest games, achievements, send/receive messages and much more."

Main features are:

Sign in securely using your Xbox Live credentials. 360 Live automatically retrieves your friends.

Complete Gamertags management. Add, remove, accept or reject pending requests.

An organized Friends List. Grouped by status (Online, Offline, etc.)

Gamer Profile and details including gamerscore, bio, location, country, gamercard, avatar, etc.

Check your friends complete games history.

Compare locked and unlocked achievements per game and gamertag.

Send and receive messages. You can even send messages to multiple recipients!
Gamercard coverflow style carrousel on landscape mode.

It's not free though. More over on the 360 Live wesbite. Interested?

I bought it after trying all the free apps and its really good. Automatically added my friends list, can view my achievements and friends. I believe an update is allowing you to compare achievements.

Well worth the money even if it does break the MS terms.

I use a free one, just to check if my mates are online before I boot the Xbox up.

I'm not paying for it.

Astra CDTI SRI
Told ya.....

If you like the idea of the 360 Live iPhone app, which allows you to sign into your Xbox Live account and manage it on the go, you'd better drop your two dollars into the App Store (link) right now. Creator Xavier Larrea has informed us that, unsurprisingly, Microsoft has asked Apple to remove the program, citing the non-commercial usage restriction -- in other words, the company isn't happy about the app's not-free cost.

Larrea is complying with the request (meaning that it's on the way out), but notes that the app will continue to work for those who have already downloaded it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/08/xbox-360-live-iphone-app-wont-be-live-for-long/

Watching tv, hmmm, I wonder if BillyBob is on Forza yet.

Do you change channels, boot the xbox up, wait for live to kick in and then check to see if he's online or press a button on your phone without disturbing your film?

BMW F31
i go online and if someone i want to play with is online too then i play, or we agree via text when were gonna be online!?

guess it's just not that big of a deal to me if someone is online?!

BMW F31
i was just asking for someone to explain what made it worth downloading/why you would use it!

calm down!

I'm perfectly calm.

Just people on here always have to be agro. Bitching about something that's of no interest to them. You asked why I would be used, I told you, and you still have to have another moan about it.

BMW F31
i wasn't b**ching, you were being sarcastic so i made the point of saying it probably wouldn't be any use to me. just couldn't see the point in using the app, until someone kindly explained what it does! ;)

anyway...... back on topic, the app seems like it could be useful for "some" people :)

i wasn't b**ching, you were being sarcastic so i made the point of saying it probably wouldn't be any use to me. just couldn't see the point in using the app, until someone kindly explained what it does! ;)

anyway...... back on topic, the app seems like it could be useful for "some" people :)

I wasn't. I was just explaining how I imagine most people will use it. I won't bother with it, mainly because my 360 just collects dust.

But people will get it for the same reason I have a tv guide app. It's easy.

I've been using the 1337pwn (or whatever it's called) app for a few months, but the 360Live app is fantastic!

Couple of pics.

Normal:

2af14d3d.gif

When you rotate the screen:

66cd5408.gif

Audi S1
FYI Millsy

The App comes in handy for me when I fancy playing abit of xbox online with some friends. Rather than turning your xbox on, you can just check who is on, on your phone.

Pretty simple really.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The app is now free. Just downloaded it, seems pretty slick and easy to work to me.