ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Xbox in-car **

right i am looking at installing a modded xbox into my car vio a tv headunit,

what do i need for a modded xbox, and is it a hard job, i am pretty technical minded
i was thinkin of the following setup
Xecuter 2.3 Lite chip
120gb 7200 drive

wot else is needed, i know you need a crossover cabel to connect it to the pc but anything else i should be aware of ??

thanks

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i would go for a bigger hdd m8, i have a 120 gb drive and its pretty much full on my xbox...

as for in car u will need an invertor...

Polo + Micra

the most you will ever see of your hard drive is 137Gb

also with a bigger harddrive i find my xbox gets a lot warmer

that xbox looks wicked!! how did you change the colour of the light?

one of my mates is hopefully getting my xbox chipped with no chip! works by flashing the bios with a new bios then you load the dasj board software on there. very tempted to have it installed in the boot, be a semi permanent job tho so I can pull it out and put it indoors easily!!

To change it to red you have to take the front panel off, get a bunch of yellow wires and swap a certain 4.

hmm cool cheers!!

_KDF: How far did you get with your xbox project? I have read your website a few times now (cool by the way!!) How did you plan on the xbox still being powered up to allow FTP over the wireless link? I am thinking along the same lines, as you however I cant decide how to do the continued power option, Im thinking along the lines of a UPS but these are horrendously heavy! Defintely a second battery to be installed with a split charge setup but I dont want to be leaving the xbox on all night to drain the xbox every day!!

badboy, u no the only reason ur getting the damn Xbox, is so i can play it at lunch time lol, mother says not to buy your old H/U cos of me holiday but i think shes wrong, ill see what i get next payday and let u no then.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Dink16v on 07 April 2004
the most you will ever see of your hard drive is 137Gb <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">also with a bigger harddrive i find my xbox gets a lot warmer

The 137GB barrier has been broken, all the latest bioss for the chip should work with even 300GB drives !!

But your right there was a barrier..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by noel-pilot on 07 April 2004
hmm cool cheers!!_KDF: How far did you get with your xbox project? I have read your website a few times now (cool by the way!!) How did you plan on the xbox still being powered up to allow FTP over the wireless link? I am thinking along the same lines, as you however I cant decide how to do the continued power option, Im thinking along the lines of a UPS but these are horrendously heavy! Defintely a second battery to be installed with a split charge setup but I dont want to be leaving the xbox on all night to drain the xbox every day!!

Well the xbox is no-longer in the car.. niether is the screen. Although it was all fitted and working perfectly.

The idea of FTP over wireless was just to transfer new stuff to the xbox when the car was in range, so not left on all the time.

I did a calculation on the standard 172 car battery and you should be good for up to 6 hours running just the xbox, thats in theory. I wouldnt play it longer than 3 hours without starting the car again though. I had a touch button for switching on the inverter fitted to the cig lighter switch (should be a pic of it somwhere).

No need for a UPS really as the xbox is stable enough to take slight variations in power via the invertor. The 2nd battery is only really needed if you plan to pipe the xbox sounds via the HU + amp + sub etc.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Mitsi on 08 April 2004How do u rip dvds to the hard drive anyone?

I belive xbox copy should do it, it does games.. maybe need dvd2xbox for DVDs

schweet cheers peeps, head unit tv now installed what a fun job that was (not), but now just gotta wait for some money to fund my next project the xbox

what I meant kdf ref the power was use the ups to power the xbox for the amount of time it takes to ftp the files and then just let the ups drain out of charge. otherwise you would have to go back out to the car to turn it all off!!!

Cheers for the info tho.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 08 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Spammy on 07 April 2004

http://www.auctionphotobank.com/upload/108135729495.jpg

Thats my xbox, chipped, no HD but i dont have it in a car so no need for HD.

One word... shweeeeeet :)

LoL cheers, ive got another modded case here, i prefer it, ill try and get a pic up soon, its all white with a cleared jewel (the xbox emblem thing) with a red led circle it will look schweeet as.

GW Clio 200

Why dont you put your X box in your bedroom like ever other sensible person. I would expect some chav driving a Corsa to put an Xbox or Playstation in there car but really what the fooK is the P0int.

What do you do when your bored!!! Do you drive to the local McDonalds and play fecking Halo, Big Mac in one hand joypad in the other and have your girlfriend who wears excessively large looping earings sitting besides you thinking your Kewl!!!Do you have a burberry cap on and your socks tucked in to your tracky bottoms!!!DO you drive around the town centre with your spotlights on!!!Yes you do........... dont you!!!

Why not go the whole fukking hog and have a 42" plasma TV fitted at the back of your front seats. Fit 16.1 surround sound dolby logic phonotronic dubberies in ever orafice you can find.

FFS it lame and it gay and its so fecking 1990s

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I need some help with mine.... I never got to finish even setting up the chip :cry:

I did all the soldering (which bloody hell is a tight job!)

but couldnt actually do all the software part of it :( so its just sitting there! still plays normal stuff but i still aint installed any of the evox or whatever onto it to play backups etc etc! anyone fancy giving me a hand with it??

& in reply to what u just said xtreme.... I find its quite fun when ur stuck in stand still traffic to play a lil game or watch some tv! beats just sitting there having a fag and listening to music!

Revels Mum & Sister

I have just bought a Crystal XBOX. With the Xenium Chip Fitted and a 200Gb Hard drive.

Which I can see all 200GB off.

Connor give me a few days and PM me I will help you fella. Or I can send you a a DVD with an Auto Installer on fella. whack it in and it formats and Installs everything you need!

Wicked mate! will pm u in the middle of the week then :)

Someone else tried to help me install evoX, xbox media player, dvdx2, xbmp24 and somet else but I couldnt even install the bios or whatever! Im usually pretty good with computers lol, mightve been due to my ftp client being out of its free 30 day period or somet but it confused the hell out of me anyways!
That dvd with auto installer on sounds bloody good!!!! coz ive got the above mentioned software which i guess would go on after that process!

But cheers mate, its much appreciated! I will pm u soon :)

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 11 April 2004

I have just bought a Crystal XBOX. With the Xenium Chip Fitted and a 200Gb Hard drive.

Which I can see all 200GB off.

Connor give me a few days and PM me I will help you fella. Or I can send you a a DVD with an Auto Installer on fella. whack it in and it formats and Installs everything you need!

How much did that set you back?