ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Elite Offers

1.8 Civic EX
I'm looking to upgrade from my Premium as I need the larger harddrive and will be getting a HD TV in the next few months...

Tesco have a Super Elite (250gb) with Forza 3, Crackdown, Halo 3 and Mass effect for £250 which is rather a good deal, I don't want any of the games though so can trade them in straight away to get some money back on it. But £250 is a bit pricey just for the upgrade tbh...

Asda have an Elite for £175 if you buy a game thats in thier top 25 chart which I think is my best bet so far..

Anyone know of any other deals?

1.8 Civic EX
read the thread dude...want it for HD too which the premium is not...

plus the harddrive on it's own is approx £100 so makes sense to get a new console too :) (LOL at your edit! :))

I'll also need one of those data transfer cables to copy everything over...assume thats a quick call the MS to get one?

Last edited:
  Lotus Exige, 182
I got mine a couple of weeks ago from gamestation, £200 for an elite + a choice of 2 games from 12 (all recent ones) - I went for bioshock 2 (which I really like) and just cause 2 (which I can't get into at all)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
read the thread dude...want it for HD too which the premium is not...

plus the harddrive on it's own is approx £100 so makes sense to get a new console too :) (LOL at your edit! :))

I'll also need one of those data transfer cables to copy everything over...assume thats a quick call the MS to get one?

You weren't clear :p

I had an original premium, swapped it for the Resident Evil Elite

Sooo pretty

57 Clio Campus Sport
Umm...original premium does do HD with component, and new update rolled out today bring support for external hdd

Clio 182
I got mine at xmas time elite (120gb) + Forza 3, Fifa 10, extra controller + lego batman/pure double pack for £199.99 from Game. Doubt they'll still be doing the offer now mind.

What do you mean by "want it for HD too which the premium is not" all consoles play HD games and the newer premium (60gb) /arcade models have HDMI ports.

1.8 Civic EX
I got mine at xmas time elite (120gb) + Forza 3, Fifa 10, extra controller + lego batman/pure double pack for £199.99 from Game. Doubt they'll still be doing the offer now mind.

What do you mean by "want it for HD too which the premium is not" all consoles play HD games and the newer premium (60gb) /arcade models have HDMI ports.

I've had my premium since the beggining of time so it doesn't have the hdmi port...

looks like most place are coming up at around the £200 mark. I've called Gamestation and they are offering £80 trade in for the premium so may go with them...

1.8 Civic EX
true but I was under the impressiosn it's better when using a proper HDMI cable?

Also another thought, the current lead I use on the premium has the little optical out bit on it which I use for the audio...

How would that work if I was to use a HDMI lead on the Elite?!? I'm assuming there wouldn't be an optical out anymore?

Tesla MP3 2021
You can either take the plastic cover of that connector you are using now (there are plenty of guides on YouTube), this will allow you to fit both the HDMI cable and the optical connector in at the same time or...

You can buy the "proper" adaptor which just has optical and rca connections on and use alongside the HDMI cable.

Either way, you can have both HDMI and optical at the same time.

true but I was under the impressiosn it's better when using a proper HDMI cable?

Also another thought, the current lead I use on the premium has the little optical out bit on it which I use for the audio...

How would that work if I was to use a HDMI lead on the Elite?!? I'm assuming there wouldn't be an optical out anymore?

The Elite comes with an adapter for HDMI + Optical

1.8 Civic EX
Umm...original premium does do HD with component, and new update rolled out today bring support for external hdd

just read up on this as i didn't know about it....looks like i don't need an elite now lol

I have an 80gb portable drive so if i connect that to the xbox it will "corner off" 16gb of the drive for use with the xbox :) so as long as i connect the drive everytime I play I'm sorted (for now at least) then by the time i run out of space again the elites should be even cheaper :)

57 Clio Campus Sport
just read up on this as i didn't know about it....looks like i don't need an elite now lol

I have an 80gb portable drive so if i connect that to the xbox it will "corner off" 16gb of the drive for use with the xbox :) so as long as i connect the drive everytime I play I'm sorted (for now at least) then by the time i run out of space again the elites should be even cheaper :)

Yep and there could be a 360 slim coming and also natal versions so worth waiting if you can