ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 surround sound?

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
hey i have dvd home cinema system with 5.1, its hooked up to sky so that comes out with surround sound too,
can u tell me how i can connect my xbox 360 to it so i can get surround sound when playing that also?
my tv is not hd and doesnt have have s-video,

help please!!

Monaro VXR
Does your dvd system have an optical in? If so run it through that if you got the premium pack then the cable you get with it supports an optical digital output.

If not your pretty screwed on getting true surround.

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
sorry my tv does have s-video (white yellow and red outputs) on it, i connect sky box to dvd player using the aux (white and red ) ports so is there not a xbox 360 cable that would go into the aux port on my dvd player?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
what surround sound system do u have? unless its got an optical in you won't get true 5.1

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
doesnt have optial on dvd player surround sound, i connect it to sky using red and white aux ports

Monaro VXR
You will need a dolby decoder to get it to work with an optical digital input. Anything else and no it wont work. Well it will but it wont give you true 5.1 surround it'll just be stereo through multiple speakers. Or prologic.