ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xbox 360 elite VS PS3??

SLK 350
Well I appreciate everyone has a different stand point and requirements, but I just don't like reading rubbish from people who've never actually used one or used one for 2 minutes in a shop.

I can't get myself off of Warhawk atm, haven't even opened Heavenly Sword that I bought a week ago because WH is so damned good :)

Lol, always the same justifications to why people bought a PS3. Before I'm accused of being a MS fanboy I think the PS3 is great machine and will probably end up getting one at some point. but I think it's fair to say at the moment the sheer range and quality of titles available for the xbox360 is it's winning hand. It's a reversal of the previous gen, the original xbox was the superior product in the xbox vs ps2 war but ps2 had so many good titles it was the better buy. It's like VHS vs Betamax all over, the techinically superior doesnt always make the better buy in some cases.

The point that seems to be totally lost on some people who feel they have to justify their PS3 purchase is that some people dont give a s**t about the extras. Yes it's fantastic that it has them but lets face it you primarily buy a games machines to play games on. At present the xbox is the winner on that front. I'm not saying it wont change in the future but if I was walking into a shop today armed with a few hundred £'s looking for a machine to play games on I wouldnt be taking the sony home. If I was looking for an all rounder and cheap blueray player then granted I would go for the PS3, horses for courses and all that.

R

rich[182]

I haven't got a PS3 or a 360 - simply keep an eye on things in general, it's a sweeping statement to say PS3 is crap, rip off etc - If those that own one are happy with it, like the titles they have and don't feel shafted then who cares

Forthcoming titles, better build quality, better reliability and the BluRay issue will shine through imo

Sony's sticking point could be online gaming maybe ?

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Well I appreciate everyone has a different stand point and requirements, but I just don't like reading rubbish from people who've never actually used one or used one for 2 minutes in a shop.

I can't get myself off of Warhawk atm, haven't even opened Heavenly Sword that I bought a week ago because WH is so damned good :)

lol Ive noticed!

:rolleyes:

Care for a few matches tonight?

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
I think its real stupid that alot of you seem to be comparing which console has the best/most games. The ps3 has only been out for 5 mins.

The 360 has been around for around 3 years! So of Course its gonna have more games.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
but still its games are s**t, you dont buy a console to wait around for games to come out.

PLus you can save yourself a hundred quid and have two games with a 360 elite.

And if ure into games like GTA Microsoft have the rights to build new stuff for it over downloadable content inc levels etc etc.

I think its real stupid that alot of you seem to be comparing which console has the best/most games. The ps3 has only been out for 5 mins.

The 360 has been around for around 3 years! So of Course its gonna have more games.

Last time i checked March (UK release IIRC so would have been before in US/Far east) was a little more than five minutes ago. Not to mention software developers get access to consoles months/years in advance of the public.

Either way it's besides the point What I was saying was (regardless of how long either machine has been available) if you walk into a shop today armed with cash the xbox is the machine that gives you more games to choose from.

SLK 350
Lol, always the same justifications to why people bought a PS3.

Loony said:
The point that seems to be totally lost on some people who feel they have to justify their PS3 purchase is that some people dont give a s**t about the extras.

Loony said:
If I was looking for an all rounder and cheap blueray player then granted I would go for the PS3.

All makes perfect sense...

The fact is despite wholly contradicting yourself, not everybody has the same needs or opinion as the next person. Therefore why you choose to slate those who state they bought it with the intentions of not simply using it as a games console I don't know.

Yes not everybody cares about HD-DVD/BluRay/1080p/HDMI/HD and that's fine, there's the likes of the Wii for £180 that does absolutely nothing but play games. For those of us who do like and value current and future technology there is the 360/PS3.

I understand you're completely ignorant of other peoples opinions and frequently like to trample of other peoples views with all the finesse of a bull in a china shop but not everybody thinks the same as you, nor I...which is the whole reason we have this choice available to us.

So lets all play nicely, and be happy with whatever we have sitting under our own TV's without the need to troll over what's best - different price point meets different functionality - The end.

@DAIR - Sure mate, can give you a game later no problems \0.

What I was saying was (regardless of how long either machine has been available) if you walk into a shop today armed with cash the xbox is the machine that gives you more games to choose from.

Without a doubt, as a games machine the 360 has a larger catalogue.

As for anybody questioning the PS3 titles of late I'd suggest a good few hours on Heavenly Sword (sp) and Warhawk (mp), two very good games indeed :)

hoff

QUOTE]
In a recent attempt to step up the fight in the Blu-ray / HD DVD battle Microsoft reduced the price of its Xbox 360 HD DVD player in the US.
The move saw the price drop from $199 to $179 - and included five free HD DVDs for anyone buying the drive.

A Microsoft spokesperson has revealed to Pocket-lint that this very same five free movies deal will be replicated - very soon - in the UK.
The deal is due to start from next month, which will tie-in nicely for those organised enough to be starting to think about Christmas shopping.
[/QUOTE]

upon looking your right about 110 for drive as for this wireless thing it has never bothered me as my router is sat right next to my 360 an it always will be

SLK 350
Yeah demo was VERY limited, in fact I cancelled my preorder after playing it. But after my motorbike accident I ended up buying it anyway on the back of reading some reviews. It's a beautiful game, some of the best graphics and voice acting I've seen in a game. You'll also be pleased to hear the game is a lot more varied than the demo suggested.

ah good may get my mate to buy it then

he seems to be strugling to buy anything just lately for it

im just spending my time playing blue dragon at the mo

I understand you're completely ignorant of other peoples opinions and frequently like to trample of other peoples views with all the finesse of a bull in a china shop but not everybody thinks the same as you, nor I...which is the whole reason we have this choice available to us.

So lets all play nicely, and be happy with whatever we have sitting under our own TV's without the need to troll over what's best - different price point meets different functionality - The end.

Trying to act mature or the intellectually superior tends to get spoilt when you throw insults at people who have have not thrown any at you.

I would suggest that if you honestly beleive that then great however your (very frequent) posts on the debate would suggest otherwise be that intentional or not.

SLK 350
ah good may get my mate to buy it then

he seems to be strugling to buy anything just lately for it

im just spending my time playing blue dragon at the mo

Have you played Warhawk yet chap? Takes a few hours of being owned to work out what's going on, but it's a pretty damn good attempt (especially for £20) at multiplayer fun - nicely balanced.

Trying to act mature or the intellectually superior tends to get spoilt when you throw insults at people who have have not thrown any at you.

I would suggest that if you honestly beleive that then great however your (very frequent) posts on the debate would suggest otherwise be that intentional or not.

It wasn't meant as an insult as such, I just grow tired of listening to people who don't own the console making sweeping statements whilst disregarding everybody elses.

Personally I've no problem with the 360 and apart from comments I've made regarding the ridiculous failure rate you'll struggle to find me making a generalised comment about the 360 in any bad light, it's a good games console. But that doesn't make the PS3 a bad product, there's room for 3 horses in this race as the market is showing.

The day one brand become dominant and is no longer challenged by competition is the day we as consumers all start paying through the ass.

SLK 350
Tell him I'll eat my own faeces if he still thinks the same thing after playing it for a day :)

Honestly, best £20 I've spent on the PS3.

It wasn't meant as an insult as such, I just grow tired of listening to people who don't own the console making sweeping statements whilst disregarding everybody elses.

Personally I've no problem with the 360 and apart from comments I've made regarding the ridiculous failure rate you'll struggle to find me making a generalised comment about the 360 in any bad light, it's a good games console. But that doesn't make the PS3 a bad product, there's room for 3 horses in this race as the market is showing.

The day one brand become dominant and is no longer challenged by competition is the day we as consumers all start paying through the ass.

Tiring of other people doesnt warranty an insult in my direction just because I may have expressed a similar sentiment.

Agree'd the build quality of the 360 is shite, mine freezes on a fairly regular basis and makes odd noises which dont inspire confidence. Coupled to the fact i cant stand MS full stop, beleive me it took me over a year to give in and buy one. Had the PS3 been available at the time with things like GT, GTA, MGS etc I would have gone for that without hesitation but it wasnt. The only point I'm making thats negative towards the PS3 is when compared purely for their primary function is that currently the xbox fares better.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
[/quote]

upon looking your right about 110 for drive as for this wireless thing it has never bothered me as my router is sat right next to my 360 an it always will be[/quote]

Do you use wireless pads??

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Do they vibrate? Mine do. Ner ner ner ner ner ner!

You sound like f**king school kids!

pmsl

They soon Will. Besides Rumble has been around since PS1. its a nice feature but im sure i can live without it.

tbh this is just getting silly. The only real winners here are MS and Sony!!

upon looking your right about 110 for drive as for this wireless thing it has never bothered me as my router is sat right next to my 360 an it always will be[/quote]

Do you use wireless pads??[/quote]

yup although mine was just charging

Monaco 172 2/468
Why do you use wireless pads?

Are you comparing wireless pads to WIFI network connection here ? This thread is well confusing :cool:

You are all fags tbh, lets all throw our consoles at each other.

The only way forward will be to own both I say, and for now i'm just holding off the PS3 until I can see 5-10 amazing games that I will play lots....... unless PES is superior on PS3 ;)