ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 contoller for PC

MY10 R35 GTR
Bought one of the wireless ones to play come games with. Awesom piece of kit.

Problem is I unplugged the wireless adaptor from the ps when I finished gaming, did the usuall "stop usb command etc" But now when I plug the wireless adaptor in the pc wont even recognise it??

Any idea what to do.?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I could never get my brothers wi-fi pad to work on mine. It doesn't seem to like to power up sequence on it. How did you get it to connect?

Sounds similar to the wired pad if you accidentally disconnect it in game-it won't recognise it again unless you restart the game.

Don't suppose you've found a decent aftermarket driver for it? The ones i've tried mess up the throttle trigger config.

p.

I think you've broken the PC and you're going to need a new one.

Try restarting Windows first though, just in case ;)

MY10 R35 GTR
done everything. Reboot with it plugged in, reinstalled it, etc etc

It worked perfect first time just doesnt want to work again. Grrrr

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
How did you get the wi-fi controller to work on a pc-i thought they were incompatible? I couldn’t get it to recognise the one i tried. Is it the designated controller for windows or is it from your 360?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
You can buy the wireless ones for Windows. I personally use a wired.

+1 for wired-im getting f**king withdrawal from my ah-1z!!!:dead:

Is it something to do with the wi-fi version disconnecting? Doesn't it have a sleep mode because of the battery module in it? (even when cabled).

Roy-does your rig fail to recognise the controller if you disconnect it and plug it back in mid-game? I'm wondering if its a similar issue?

Also-mildly off topic but has anyone used that mini k/b on it? Would it mimic my standard k/b inputs?

MY10 R35 GTR
Have you checked device manager?

yep, as soon as I go onto the games controller thing its still blank.

The wirelss controller I bout is the designated one for windows, ints not the controler thats casuing the problem uts the reciever that plugs into the usb, my computer fails to see its there.

Plugged in first time and the light came on straight away and worked. But just now no matter if the computers already on and I plug it in or do a reboot and pug it in I dont get and green light on the reciver to say its on

Roy-does your rig fail to recognise the controller if you disconnect it and plug it back in mid-game? I'm wondering if its a similar issue?

f**k knows. I don't often use it and have never noticed. I originally bought it for racers but soon got a G25 to take up driving detail. Now it's only used for Tomb Raider style stuff. I used it in Dead Space too. FPS I wouldn't even consider considering using it by choice.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
yep, as soon as I go onto the games controller thing its still blank.

The wirelss controller I bout is the designated one for windows, ints not the controler thats casuing the problem uts the reciever that plugs into the usb, my computer fails to see its there.

Plugged in first time and the light came on straight away and worked. But just now no matter if the computers already on and I plug it in or do a reboot and pug it in I dont get and green light on the reciver to say its on

Unlucky. Can you borrow a wired pad off someone to rule out any incompatibility issue? Don't really know what else to suggest mate-I gave up trying to make my bros pad work as I didn’t understand why it wouldn’t connect either (yet my wired pad worked). Wasn't a fault with the controller either as the wireless pad works fine on his 360.:S

DCi
have you tried it on another PC

google how to clear the driver from your computer completely and try again is another way to go.

DCi
do you know anyone else who has one, could you try a different receiver or handset

though saying to the shop it plain doesnt work im sure would be easiest :p