ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

X85 cambelt cover on 172?

I'm not using the top mount on my 172 engine swap, and want something neat to stop eagles nesting in the belts. I've been looking at the 197 engine, and it looks like the cover on that would fit (8200417594), anyone got any bits lying around to check? The cover is ~£44 from Renault, so ideally I'll find a second hand one, any ideas?

thanks
Andy

Think we have a couple of the proper X85 ones if you want?

How are you mounting the lump if not via the top mount?

Cheers
M

Think we have a couple of the proper X85 ones if you want?

How are you mounting the lump if not via the top mount?

Cheers
M

I'd certainly be interested, any chance you could slip one onto a 172 to check it fits? I guess the timing doohicky would be the problem if there is one.

I'm using the mount on the block as per the 172 race cars.

Andy

Should fit okay IIRC the bolt holes are the same and the 197 Dephaser is no larger than the 172 variant.

Cheers
M

Don't get out of bed for less than 500 quid but if you fancy a trip up my way you can have one for a beer. ;-)

Cheers
M

Best see if you're going to be in Cambs or Northants any time soon then, or if anyone else is doing the opposite.

Cheers
M