ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTFBBQ - Blackberry 9700.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Changed my iPhone for this hoping for a reliable phone. Woops.

It's game it likes to play is, when i get say about 3 or more messages at once it freezes. Then when i go to turn it on again, it reaches the orange screen and just turns off. Turn it on again and it has jumbled up my icons, added new icons, changed fonts etc.

WTF? Anyone know of this? BTW its a Bold 9700.

Now its turned it self off again when I tried to put the WiFi on :mad:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Fed up of this thing now, taking it into orange at the weekend. What a piece of s**t.

Don't get it mate, they are hopeless tbh! They work for a bit but then get all buggy and slow and crashy. f**king even my iPhone was more reliable than this tbh!!

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
It will be the sh*te Orange put on them, try and do an OS update direct from the Blackberry site.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It will be the sh*te Orange put on them, try and do an OS update direct from the Blackberry site.

My mate has a 8900 and has similar problems to me, but he's on voda? But I will try it mate thanks!

Mine has been 99% good.

Running latest software & make sure I close down things rather than exit out and they stay open.

Only issue has been it part receiving messages (and never receiving the remainder) and sometimes will open up and only show previous messages in the "chat", won't show the latest. Give it 5 mins and try again, it works

Miles better than the old phones with original software, but still not quite right.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I have problems with it sending texts. I just turn it off and on again and it works!

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Orange are the worst for it, Blackberry pulled the 9000 from them at the start as they f*cked it up so much.

Bus w**ker
PMSL, it must be the phones fault...couldn't be anything you've done to it.

As above, flash it with the latest version of the OS direct from BB. My 9000 is rock solid except for occasional memory leaks caused by some 3rd party app, reboot - done.

Mk5 golf gti
i updated mine on monday or sunday
had no problems before
but now mines adding icons an stuff
had no problems before but dont worry about it
the bold 9700 owns
:D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
PMSL, it must be the phones fault...couldn't be anything you've done to it.

As above, flash it with the latest version of the OS direct from BB. My 9000 is rock solid except for occasional memory leaks caused by some 3rd party app, reboot - done.

Oh I'm sorry, i didn't realise using it would break it! I haven't even installed one app since I got it other than the latest BBM. I send the odd text, BBM, phone call. Where along the way have I broke it exactly?

Thanks for the actually smart comments on this thread, will try that soon :)

Diesel Barge
All the blackberrys i've encounted are terrible, seem to freeze up every now and again for no reason. Cant wait till upgrade time, HTC here i come.