ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF is this ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Car has been sitting outside the house for 8/9 days in the pissing rain and tonight I decided to get it back down to the garage , dried off and put back under the sheets.
While drying it off I came across 100s of bubbles under the paint at the passanger side only.
These where not here a month or so ago when the car was cleaned.

Anyone got any idea what could have caused this ?
I'm now looking to get the roof painted and all sorted ASAP.
@gally give me a bell when you can

F449FF80-C77D-4BB1-976F-C3B133AD4612.gif

6C0FF3FE-CB8C-48C1-BF7C-7C229107B36D.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Moisture under the paint.

Has the car had paintwork there?

Yes the roof has been painted about 4/5 years ago when I first got the car as it was parked up town and someone had thrown a wine bottle on the roof.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yes the roof has been painted about 4/5 years ago when I first got the car as it was parked up town and someone had thrown a wine bottle on the roof.

That'll be it then.

I had this on the (resprayed) cup spoiler on my old car.

It came up after a year or two though rather than 4/5.

I don't know what causes the moisture to expand like that though, I only noticed in cold weather too.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Going to speak to Gally to get it fully stripped back, sealed and painted

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's always nice to see my thoughts corroborated by others. Seems I do know what I'm talking about from time to time!

Mostly likely cause by moisture in the air when painting. Ie in a shed not a booth! Our compressors and driers again are very expensive, not everyone is going to have air driers like a bodyshop so you always risk that through air lines.

Just one of those things. I estimated a Capri and a swb Audi Quattro that were painted 3-4 years previously and the microblistering came through eventually.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@gally

As per text give me a call in the morning with an exact price and we can get it booked in to get the roof sorted.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
time to get the whole thing done Marc?

If i could afford it i would but the roof is defiantly getting done.

I have all the belts to do in the next 2/3 months and im looking at buying an Inferno 182 Cup, I have just paid to go to canada next year for 2 weeks and we are looking at buying a new house so the car is only getting what it needs and the roof needs done.

Ex 182 owner
Cool,
182 cup interesting choice? I would have thought a stripped RB would be the one to have for your collection.

Ex 182 owner
Looks very nice. What's your plans for it?
I would imagine any car under your stewardship would end its journey mint. For me the RB with strips just screams Renault Sport or of course a 172 cup.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Look forward to getting it in and sorted Marc, not exactly what you need at this time of the year!

As I said we'll get the rails also painted and match up properly.

182 Trophy
I bought Criberts Trophy and it had the front bumper, bonnet and rear bumper painted by Protec. I am very fussy about the paintwork on any of my cars and I have to say the work was first class! You're in very good hands @MarcR™

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chap that is very kind.

Sometimes paintwork can settle down and benefit from a polish 6 months later after full cure but I believe our work is very good and stands the test of time we'll, we're lucky to get a lot of repeat custom so see previous jobs on cars and how they're standing up.