ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF! Are Aviva retards or something?

Srsly, I've been trying to get a cover note out of them for 48hrs now.

We've been through 3 different email addresses and I when I rang up for the first time this morning (I rang them 7 times yesturday, 3 so far today) they said they had got my name down wrong.

WTF is going on?

What are other people's experience of them?

When I bought my new car I was told I was picking it up on the Friday, so I called up to change the insurance over, so I was covered for both cars on the Friday so I could take the old one over and pick the new one up. Everything went fine, didn't even alter my premium.
Anyway, I went over and the car wasn't ready and was told it could be the next week before it was ready.
Went home and called up Aviva and asked them to change the policy back to my original car and they said it would be a premium increase of £120 :s For the exact same car I had been driving on the exact same policy a day earier :s
Needless to say I kicked off and got it changed back for free.

Stagecoach Ticket
Try making a claim with them then lol! when i used to deal with them work related issues took me 30mins to understand there reps

One of the worst companys out there IMO

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i was in a incident with someone who was with Aviva, i had to claim off them, they are useless. Thank fuk i have legal protection lol

After spending ages sorting my insurance (if you're really bored - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...e-also-needed-(bit-of-a-read)&highlight=AVIVA ), I've signed up with Aviva - what have I done?????

It's taken them one and a half weeks to get the paperwork to me, and now it's arrived it's full of errors -

• In the car details section they list my car as being owned by the proposer (correct), and yet in the driver details section they've stated that I don't own a motor vehicle.
  • Instead of listing my 12 years ncb, they've just said I have more than five - I've never known an insurance company not specify the actual number of years. I like to have that as a record for the following year.
  • Apparently my car doesn't have any security devices.........so the standard alarm and imm. don't count????
  • In my contact details they've listed a phone number that took me a moment to recognise - my old mobile number, last in use nearly three years ago! (I must have got a quote back then and they've mixed them up.)
  • Policy started at midnight, even though I clearly stated it was supposed to start at midday.

And now the nightmare of trying to sort it. Tried that customer services number - HOW ANNOYING IS THAT VOICE RECOGNITION THING???? Having jumped through the various hoops, you then get told it'll be chuffing ages before you can speak to someone.......but you do get a choice of music - option 1. is blah, option 2. is blah....... :cry:

I'm gonna resort to snail mail - I very carefully, and correctly, entered all my details for the original online quote, then confirmed everything over the phone - and still they screwed it all up. So, I've photocopied the paperwork, highlighted the errors, corrected them and then I'll post it to them with a covering letter detailing my displeasure.

Life shouldn't be this complicated.