ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTCC @ Donington Park

Oil Burner
So this weekends 4 wheeled fix came in the form of WTCC @ Donington Park, probably one of my least favourite circuits in the country and because of the strange way that it was time tabled it involved a 4.15 start for the drive up and leaving the circuit at 3.00!?

The circuit being used was the Full circuit with the Melbourne Loop, why they dont always use this circuit i do not know. With some larger kerbs at the chicane it would make a stunning little bit of circuit. It features one of the most iconic motorsport images (to me) with the aeroplanes taking off behind the cars. And the final corner is a great spot for a variety of interesting images.

Anyway enough from me. Here are a few shots i either liked or am unsure about. As ever your feed back, comment and criticism is appreciated.

1. Alan Vader-Menu

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-3707-L.jpg

2. This is perhaps my favourite current touring car - love it!

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-3795-L.jpg

3. Perhaps the best of my aeroplace shots - very difficult to get a good shot.

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-3894-L.jpg

4. A bit minimalist? Not sure it works...

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-3960-L.jpg

5. Huff climbs into the car

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4125-L.jpg

6. Volvo chases down the rest of the pack.

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4823-L.jpg

7. Coronel past the fans

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4902-L.jpg

8. Muller encourages Huff around the final corner

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4689-L.jpg

9. Heavy on the Anochors - bit boring but i like the brakes.

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4444-L.jpg

10. Muller pulls in to the winers spot.

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4952-L.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love how different your photos look, so refreshing to see. Great work mate!

Number 4 works just fine for me!

Awesome shots. We were up there yesterday, serious lack of croud, but ideal for getting a good spot to watch the racing from

Oil Burner
Awesome as ever!

I tried my hand at track photography this weekend for the first time in a while too. Sadly my results are not quite as good as yours!!
(http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...erleague-Formula-amp-Dutch-Supercar-challenge)

Thanks Andy, Theres nothing wrong with your shots at all. A little practice and slightly different framing and your there.

Love how different your photos look, so refreshing to see. Great work mate!

Number 4 works just fine for me!

Thanks, thats pretty much what im aiming for!

Awesome shots. We were up there yesterday, serious lack of croud, but ideal for getting a good spot to watch the racing from

I was quite surprised how many people were there to be honest. The series is so poorly promoted when its not actually here i don think many people actually follow it. That added to the predicted weather. Still at least it made it easy for the spectators to see what was going on!

Great shots, and love the diversity as usual.

Well captured on 3 too, I'm sure you were waiting patiently for a car to come over the brow as soon as the plane was in the air lol!

Oil Burner
Great shots, and love the diversity as usual.

Well captured on 3 too, I'm sure you were waiting patiently for a car to come over the brow as soon as the plane was in the air lol!

Your not wrong there Dan. Unfortunately i have the attention span of a fish so i got bored and was doing slow pans - que plane. So it took me a few seconds to get the shutter speed up again and wait for a car. I like the shot but i want a better one with a long piece of glass to make the plane appear larger.

Great photos mate. Was great racing aswell, very interesting conditions

Thanks Rich, it was a great days racing. Very close and there is clearly no love lost in the Chevrolet team. Great to see and it was all kept fairly clean with the exception of any car near Turkington that seemed to just want to knock him off.