ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote my car off, gutted

hi guys, ain't posted on here for a while! hope all are well.

well, i've gone and written off my baby - immaculate 172 ph2, i'm devastated.

main thing is i'm unhurt, very lucky. driving home from work last week in the pissing rain i rounded a corner and hit mud and debris in the road, the back end went, tried to catch the slide but i just arched onto the grass verge, the car dug in and it rolled one and a half times. not a pleasent experience, got out through the passenger door with not a scratch on me. stronger than you think these cars.

i'll post up some pics when i can

search starts for another now, if anyone knows of a pre 2001 (tax avoidance) iceberg silver ph2 let me know!

cheers, craig

worst thing is theres already a group on facebook by my mates taking the piss out of me!

search toones new car fund if your on it :O

P

PrincessJessica

such a shame... main thing is your ok! and that really is ALL that matters.... :)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Gutting, but as you said at least your alright.

I've noticed loads of mud on the roads recently from farmers. Really need to watch out for it on the bike.

Probably a farmer!! c***s!!! They do it around here, haven't got the intelligence to clean it up, even if it's on a bend.

Good you're ok though.

thanks for the words of encouragement guys, especially philmots, i knew i could count on you! i'm going to ring you now and give you some stick!

don't know about the debris, there were pebbles and gravel in it which made it slippery, police were there to asses everything as a passer by called the cavelery. i'm not being charged with anything.

what really impresed me about the two traffic officers is that they came to my work the next day to see how i was doing which was good of them

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
should have pushed it bak on its wheels and carried on, thats what we did with my mates citroen zx lol

E87 118d M Sport
unlucky mate. you might lose a bit of cash through insurance excess etc, but atleast your unhurt! hope the next 172 is a minter too!

Clio 182 FF Cup
Gutted bud, where did it happen?

I live in Preston too, almost came off some of the roundabouts on Eastway - deadly in the wet - seen allsorts of cars falling off the road there, last week there was a guy in a '58 plate Golf GTi with his front nearside wheel bent under the engine.

Megane Trophy #147
^came out first sept prob test driving it lol^ gutted for you tho fella

edit: just seen the facebook group oh dear not a pretty sight looked mint before too wtf is the video about?

Last edited:
  172 ph2
unlucky, I wrote mine off on Sunday morning too so I know how it feels !! Not one bump in about 10 years of driving then I go and do this :|

(not confirmed a write off yet but it will be..)

Stagecoach Ticket
Sorry to hear this mate good luck getting another nice car

happend to my 55 plate zetec s its quite a buzz intill you see the damage aint it lol

Clio 182 FF
as if you crashed it craid just after i spent all my eveneing servicing it lol. you nut case hahahah

PH2 172
If your going to sell some of the stuff le tus know got a mate who wants alot of stuff for his 1.4 the sport interior, RS grill.