ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Written off?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I was asleep whilst this happened...

Beemer locked up coming down this hill:

1.jpg

T-boned a Picasso causing him to lose it:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

My 182 :(

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Needs new front wings (one is resprayable)
Bonnet
Headlights (xenons still work so I presume ballast + bulbs are ok)
Bumper
Top grill
One headlight washer & fog light surround.

100% all cosmetic, only bricks and a bin dragged across the front, no car contact.

Chances this is a write off? Its only just done 51k and had the aux belt service a few days ago :(

Ohh that's shitey.

Hopefully that will get fixed but tbh the price of a bumper + bonnet + wings + all fixings and grilles etc + paint and labour soon adds up. :(

Rotten piece of luck mate. Is it me or did the Picasso travel quite a distance after the hit from the beemer?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Rotten piece of luck mate. Is it me or did the Picasso travel quite a distance after the hit from the beemer?

Yeah I think the OAP in it probably panicked. I only put it on the drive there to keep it off the road in the snow :(. Woke up to a bang and my car alarm going off...

In January so far I have spent £230 on tyres and £405 on servicing and repairs at 519. These won't even be recoverable in a write off. Hoping it will be repaired...

renault clio 182
Should be fixable my cousins was ran into a few weeks ago from behind needed new rear bumper, tail light and quite a bit work done on the rear quarter as well and new exhaust as managed too damage that too somehow and insurance done that for him I was actually surprised they did tho

MK3 Clio DCI 86
The previous owner to my car had worse damage than this and was repaired with no fuss :D

I know that hill by the way, I always avoid that one when it's icy it's lethal. My mate was on that hill when we had the bad snow and struggled to stop, luckily he was going very slow :)

Brings back memories! I used to walk down that hill on my way home from school heh.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Out come all the people who were at the accident saying what happened.

Unfortunate, but at least you hadn't left it out in the road otherwise im guessing it would of been written off.

Should be repaired easy enough for not much money.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Naah, tis but a scratch. Even if they write it off, buy it back and fix it with parts from here/eBay

s**t luck though mate. I bet the Beamer wasnt driving to the conditions

tbh the bm barely has a scratch, looks more likely that the picasso pulled out of the junction late, causing the beamer to t-bone it with not being able to stop in time, the old guy in the picasso then panicked, sped up, lost control and hit your wall....

there is no way the bm, brushing against the picasso caused it to hit the wall that far away imho

think the wrong guy is getting the blame for this tbh...

anyway I dont think that will be a write off mate, and as said if it is just buy it back and repair with bits off here :)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Has it not damaged the alloy? You have been unlucky. It could have been worse.

Cleaned it up and the alloys and tyres are still mint. Had the food waste bin near my alloy which protected it. Just had the recycling bin pushed across my car instead with some bricks intthe mix.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Get a quote from a bodyshop and give it to the insurance, that way they won't estimate. They estimate assuming that your insurance has chosen paint, parts and workshops that give them cashback.

So get the quotes and chase them up.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I would buy that back and fix it even if they cat-D it personally. You might even do well out of the deal if you negotiate it well and use a decent bodyshop

106GTI / NovaC20LET
What the f**k was the guy in the picasso playing at? Think he realised he only got a little tap from the bm and wouldn't really be able to make much of a compensation claim so he decided to plough your wall?

very unfortunate your car happened to be where 2 idiots met :( bm should of been going slower down a slippy ice bank and lord only knows what the Picasso driver was thinking. Id of been furious in that situation, some people really shouldn't have licences. Thing is they both probably passed their tests when all you had to do was show up to the centre.

What the f**k was the guy in the picasso playing at? Think he realised he only got a little tap from the bm and wouldn't really be able to make much of a compensation claim so he decided to plough your wall?

very unfortunate your car happened to be where 2 idiots met :( bm should of been going slower down a slippy ice bank and lord only knows what the Picasso driver was thinking. Id of been furious in that situation, some people really shouldn't have licences. Thing is they both probably passed their tests when all you had to do was show up to the centre.

this... pretty much sums up my post :)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

He was a very old chap driving his 'pride & joy' picasso so there is no way he intended. As I said before, think he just panicked.

All blame must lie with the BMW driver regardless as it was his actions that set of the chain of events.

I would buy that back and fix it even if they cat-D it personally. You might even do well out of the deal if you negotiate it well and use a decent bodyshop

Who is decent around Bedford? I have no idea...

He was a very old chap driving his 'pride & joy' picasso so there is no way he intended. As I said before, think he just panicked.

All blame must lie with the BMW driver regardless as it was his actions that set of the chain of events.

you are assuming it is his fault the guy in the picasso looks to have pulled out late imho

FF Clio 182
My Clio 1.2 was in an accident cracked bumper and a shattered wing but the insurance wrote it off! Due to the cost of parts and respray...

actually, looking at the pics again, the guy in the picasso is definitely at fault!!!!

he can only have pulled out the drive where the van is, meaning he has pulled out onto the road blind, the guy in the BMW hasnt had time to see him or react before the old guy is in his path, brakes, hits the picasso due to not being able to stop, the old guy then panics and floors it into your wall!!!

the BMW had right of way with already being on the road so can not be at fault!

hopefully he isn't getting bummed on the insurance as he appears to be getting the blame from how adamant you are despite him doing nothing wrong! :/

if someone can look at the pics and prove me wrong feel free, but IMHO the guy in the BMW couldnt have avoided it unless he was rolling less than 5mph and even then the brakes would have caused him to slide due to the ice...

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Picasso hasn't pulled out of anywhere?? :S

He was just driving along the road when the BMW failed to stop at the t-junction because of the ice causing him to skid and hit the side of the Picasso.

The picture of the BMW is after he has crashed then turned left out of the junction.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

TP coachworks in Kempston. Don't rush or give him a deadline and you'll get a better job than anywhere in a quite reasonable timeframe. Just let him dictate the timescale.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
TP coachworks in Kempston. Don't rush or give him a deadline and you'll get a better job than anywhere in a quite reasonable timeframe. Just let him dictate the timescale.

Cheers. I'll see what happens then maybe go to him. Only problem is getting to him, dont fancy driving it with loose lights etc.

@Spinsky, if this helps clear it up:

Travel.jpg

Red = Picasso. Green = BMW

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
The tyre tracks in the snow dont look like skid marks. I dont understand how the picasso has travelled so far and then managed to knock the wall down aswell.

He couldnt of been using his breaks and/or he was driving far to fast when the BMW hit him.

Edit... i would still say its the BMWs fault for losing crontoll and hitting the picasso in the first place though

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The tyre tracks in the snow dont look like skid marks. I dont understand how the picasso has travelled so far and then managed to knock the wall down aswell.

He couldnt of been using his breaks and/or he was driving far to fast when the BMW hit him.

Edit... i would still say its the BMWs fault for losing crontoll and hitting the picasso in the first place though

Indeed it is. Without the BMW skidding it wouldn't have happened.

Thanks for the sympathy guys :).

Took it for a run and it still all works nicely bar one indicator. Hope the insurance will hurry up! Depressed of driving the corsa instead already.