ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WRC: World Rally Championship

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I have been longing for a decent rally / WRC game for a current gen console for a long time now and I'm hoping that this might be what I've been waiting for...

13952577x.jpg

It's going to be available on the XBox 360 and PS3, I have both, but will be getting it for the XBox.

Comes out next Friday (8th Oct) apparently and does look promising, there are some vids on youtube of the development.

There's a playable demo available on XBox Live, which I am downloading as I type, so will go for a blast shortly and see what it's like.

Anyone else been considering this?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Demos great as long as you're in the in-car view. Dont ask me why but its loads better on that view. Ill be buying it for sure

dk

911 GTS Cab
If it has full support for the g25 I might get it, I love dirt but I love the raw rally stuff best, there's too much other stuff in dirt, I just want loads of rally stages.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
first impressions, it's very Colin McRae Rally-esque, with the stage time bar that's red or green for each section, change setup before stages, etc

graphics are ok, not bad, but not as good as say Forza 3 or Race Driver Grid, which both look more polished

cars initially feel heavy & less responsive/twitchy than some games, again comparing to Forza 3 here, but you do get used to that quite quickly

engine sounds are crap, hope that's just because they're not finished yet

demo's are not always a true representation of the final game, for example I wasn't a fan of the PGR4 demo, but the final game was better

turned all the driver aids off and it's not bad, but I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll be buying it yet as there are only 2 cars & 2 stages and I've only had a quick blast

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
so has anyone bought this today?

if so, how does it look / play compared to the demo?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I've just installed it on the piss3 and shall try it once the in laws have fooked off

Had it for a few days on the PC. Using it with a G25 (works perfectly btw dk).

Have only really played time trial but handling seems pretty good although braking is pretty weird cos they lock up very easily. Pretty enjoyable overall, certainly the best Rally game for a while

dk

911 GTS Cab
Had it for a few days on the PC. Using it with a G25 (works perfectly btw dk).

Have only really played time trial but handling seems pretty good although braking is pretty weird cos they lock up very easily. Pretty enjoyable overall, certainly the best Rally game for a while

Better than dirt?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I played the demo today; Not impressed.

that's the problem with some demos though, they aren't as good as the final game

PGR4 was a classic example of this, I played the demo and wasn't keen, but then played the full game and it was better, so ended up buying it

hoping that's the case here

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Full game

Absolutely love it, I was getting the odd frame drop here and there on demo buts its sorted. Handling is pretty good, really enjoying the citroen C3 I think it is. Only thing I'm not enjoying is the stupid jap hand size controller!

Actually thinking of taking it back ad getting the Xbox version due to that alone.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't enjoy the demo for this and I really wanted to as I love a good rally game. I'm waiting for Dirt3 now tbh.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Anyone who doubts it due to demo should try the full game. Just go rent it for a week, £6 blockbusters. Saves losing £40

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Not massively different but I liked the demo anyway.

The course on the demo was cack anyway which didn't help.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Full game

Absolutely love it, I was getting the odd frame drop here and there on demo buts its sorted. Handling is pretty good, really enjoying the citroen C3 I think it is. Only thing I'm not enjoying is the stupid jap hand size controller!

Actually thinking of taking it back ad getting the Xbox version due to that alone.

Xbox Xbox Xbox

Forgot about this, ordered today, hopefully here Monday/Tues...Xbox Live.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Well I've had a ps3 somce launch so though lt I best actually see if it plays games before GT5 is out lol

Still doesn't get past the fact that you need lady hands to play the damn thing.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Same. Mine gets used for watching television from the internet...but when Sony's SMP-N100 comes out it might get used a couple times a year. It's getting a bit loud now too.