ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrapping of badges

Renault Clio MK4
Hi,

I was thinking of getting a black gloss cover for my Renault badge. I have a Clio Mk4. However, because the badges are the new ones so they're bigger than the old ones, nowhere are doing covers for them yet.

So, maybe i could wrap it in a gloss black vinyl. However, i have never done this before so can anyone give me any tips on how to do this?

Thanks,
Leigh

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 83
  RB 200 Cup
Plastidip is what you're looking for... Mask the surrounding trim and spray on a few light coats, building up the colour each time. £15-£20 a can on eBay and if you don't like it. it'll peel off.

Wrapping can be tricky to get perfect, but if you're dead set on that route, have a hairdryer, a felt squeegee, a craft knife and plenty of patience to hand!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As above, best off taking it completely off the car, whether you wrap it or plasti dip it.

Renault Clio MK4
I did have a look on youtube about how to do it and ive not got the patience lol i might look into it though! Thanks!

182 FF
I used plastidip on mine. Very easy and as mentioned earlier, if you don't like it you simply peel it off.
Not sure if they do a gloss version, but think there is another spray they do to give it a gloss effect after putting the colour on.
image-1.jpg

182 FF
Plasidip tip. Go light with the spray. Even if the first few passes look like a bit of a spatter effect rather than coverage.
4 or 5 very light coats building up give a much smoother finish than going for quick coverage with it.
Good thing is, if you're not happy with the finish just peel it off and try again.

Renault Clio MK4
Plasidip tip. Go light with the spray. Even if the first few passes look like a bit of a spatter effect rather than coverage.
4 or 5 very light coats building up give a much smoother finish than going for quick coverage with it.
Good thing is, if you're not happy with the finish just peel it off and try again.