ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy an expensive car off Ebay

Beetle

lol........... sorry thought the links were gonna be for an aston or ferarri or summat, personally id want to go and inspect the car first.

Cup 172

I bought mine off ebay... It was a grand less than they were going for at the time.

Always ring the person rather than email that way you get a feel for the seller. Run an HPI check before going to collect. Take a bankers draft. That way you can test drive the car, then pay if all is as it should be. If you pay by cheque you would have to let it clear and casgh is way too risky (especially if you have a long journey to collect it, I live in Newcastle and the car was in Portsmouth). If it isnt right walk away. Id rather have negative feedback than waste 8k.

Bought mine so cheap that three months later my local Renault dealer rang me up and offered me 300 quid more than I paid. Not as a part ex, just as a cash sale...

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Do some of the stuff team_penetrator advised and see it first as well.

It looks a nice car from the pics,love that blue colour :D

BMW E46 330i Touring

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 05 September 2005

get mine, u know what you are buying then!
Lol, I wish I could mate! If its still around next month then Ill see if I can get a weekend off to travel up!

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 05 September 2005

lol........... sorry thought the links were gonna be for an aston or ferarri or summat, personally id want to go and inspect the car first.
:oops: Ok, so not expensive but pricey enough to not just be a shed runabout!

Cheers for the advice guys, Ill have to give it some thought. It certainly seems that you can get soime absolute bagains on EGay!

Banana

Ive recently bought a Smart car off ebay, but I did get to see and test drive it before I bid, otherwise I wouldnt dream of it. Ive had my fingers burned too often on that site.

RB182cup&golf gti

i bought an old ax gt off ebay, it werent the greatest but the seller was pretty honest and i didnt pay the earth - if i was spending more, ie what youre intending to then as with the above posts id speak to the seller and get a test drive etc

If your not happy with the car i.e. there are facts the seller withheld in the auction you arent obliged to complete the transaction.....

I bought our Mk1 172, our 182 and our Mk1 1.4 RT all off ebay without looking at them in the flesh. I didnt even test drive the 182 or RT when i collected them just jumped in and headed straight home.

172 was £6k,

182 was £10.5k

& RT was £500.

All paid by cash

Your very lucky not to have ended up with sh*tters Smokey !!

Me personally, id always look at it before i bid on it.