ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would Worn Engine Mounts.....

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
..... Cause a "wobble" when accelerating hard at 4.5k upwards to the rev limiter? Not a major wobble but its noticeable and not normal

I know what your thinking - Tracking and the wheels need balancing. Well that’s been done. I did have a wobble at 60mph but that’s gone. Had two new tyres fitted and balanced etc...

Im going to change the front wheels with the rears to see if one of the front wheel's is buckled.

But if no joy could it be the engine mounts? There is no knocking which makes me wonder it isn’t the mounts?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Could well be, usually the gearbox mount bolt loosens or breaks.

Cool! Ill have a closer look next week... You dont want to PM me a price for all four mounts plus fitting do you ;)

Might aswell get the service book stamped whilst im down again :rasp:

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
If you call me tomoz i'll get the prices together.

Ill swap the wheels over first fella just to be 100% to make sure they havn't balanced the wheels wrong then ill call you tomorrow or Monday. Working nights at the moment meaning im asleep during most if the day lol!

Cheers Ben :approve: