ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would this be an MOT failure?

Basically my car has 4 front fogs mounted in the bumper (as most of you know). One of them got smashed and I cant get a replacement as they have been discontinued.

So i'm going to convert it into a cold air feed inlet port thing, but putting one of those coloured trumpets into the fog light housing. Therefore there will be 2 fogs on the left side, and one on the right.

Will this cause any problems for when the MOT test comes?

A ANIMAL
Basically my car has 4 front fogs mounted in the bumper (as most of you know). One of them got smashed and I cant get a replacement as they have been discontinued.

So i'm going to convert it into a cold air feed inlet port thing, but putting one of those coloured trumpets into the fog light housing. Therefore there will be 2 fogs on the left side, and one on the right.

Will this cause any problems for when the MOT test comes?

Lusty, outside GC???

Anyway no fog lamps are not a rquirement for mot

LY 182
as long as you actually do the cold air feed, only way it can be a fail is if you leave the broken glass in there (sharp edges)

You know, if you convert all 4 in to air feeds they might even pat you on the back on a job well done for scooping up all the butt ends and crisp packets left on the road.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
ive passed loads with smached front fogs lamps as they are not a testable item.

and the tester can not fail fog on sharp edges.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
wrong, tester can fail ANYTHING on sharp edges, if he so wishes

or A sharp edge or projection, caused by corrosion or damage, which renders the vehicle dangerous to other road users, including pedestrians

Last edited:

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
^^ Thats not true mate!! Im pretty sure if you had knives/shards of glass sticking out of your front bumper,your car wouldnt pass an MOT