ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would my car get its ass whooped...

Take your boxster and the 3.2 911 to the same rolling road.....I guess youd be suprised at the readings too.

A lap of the ring would seem a fair comparason - surely we can get details of lap times for each car etc.

Well one site reckons the 2.7 Boxster would get around in 8.36 NOT btg time

Can find it a bit quicker......

Interestingly a 15 year old 944 turbo can go so fast

20,832 km 8,17 = 151 km/h Porsche 993 Carrera 4, Nils Baker 1997

20,832 km 8,31 = 147 km/h 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo 250 ps, Mikjel, Norway 2003.

20,832 km 8,32 = 146 km/h Porsche Boxter S.

The 2nd link you provide is better. Same driver, same track.

8:28 --- Porsche 993 Carrera 2

8:32 --- Porsche Boxster S

8:47 --- Honda Civic Type-R

8:49 --- Renault Clio Sport V6

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Shouldnt the debate be about whether the friend of Mikes Dad with the 911 can drive?

A well driven 172 would whup a badly driven Boxster/911 all day long...wouldnt it (I know I have)?

Stats sadly mean so little...

172 GTR

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 13 April 2005

Shouldnt the debate be about whether the friend of Mikes Dad with the 911 can drive?

A well driven 172 would whup a badly driven Boxster/911 all day long...wouldnt it (I know I have)?

Stats sadly mean so little...
I agree, lets just let them race!

lol - On the same token a well driven 911 will beat a badly 172 all day.

Just becuase the guy is old, does not mean he is slow, and cant drive for toffee!

Great thread ;)

Everyone thinks they are Ayrton Senna (and I mean before he got a face-full of steering column) and that everyone else on the road is Miss Daisy.

I have news for you. Everyone else cant be Miss Daisy because my wife tells me I am.

Focus ST3

There are some interesting comments and I agree fully with Markcup about the stats. I regularly follow a guy in in 04 911 back from work and when the road is clear he boots it and sometimes I follow suit... Im able to stay with him on everything but the longest straight sections of road because at the end of the day the curvature or the road and the laws of physics dictate that whatever your available torque there is a limit on how fast you can go round any particular bend!

Ask the guy where he would like to race you!

if he says the motrway then forget it!

If he says you choose then offer him a race where you know the roads and ones that dont have alot of straights and that he doesnt know the roads!

[Edited by morph on 14 April 2005 at 2:11pm]