ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would it bother you?

fad

Clio 182 FF
Just found a Racing Blue FF 182 and expressed my interest in the car, got it down to a reasonable price.

The car was registered in March 05 and has only just done 11k miles so hasnt had it first service yet. This didnt bother me as I would prefer to get it done myself.

Did a HPi and it turns out its had 3 previous owners before the current owner making me the 5th if I buy it. It was registered to a dealer first but would this put you off and hamper the resale value?

I really do like it but not too sure whther its worth taking the risk?

Advise grately appreciated guys :)

Maz

LY 200
Should have had its first service as its 2 years or 12k iirc.

So to answer the question, no service history and 4 previous owners, yes it wouold bother me but thats just me.

PS - What price you got them down to ?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
should be fine by the sounds of it...at a dealer of private?

oh yeah - yeah that sould have been done! 2 years of 12k

Renault Clio 182
mate, if your happy with the car thats what counts. just look over it good. ask them to give it a service for peace of mind.
maybe loads of people have owned and it and thought to dear to run or cant insure etc. a lot of things people dont think about when buying a car.

just give panels a check for being resprayed.
but if it looked fine it wouldnt stop me buying it tbh

Maz

LY 200
If its missed the service wont the warranty be void ? Im just guessing here and im not sure how enforced it is but they usually allow you 1k miles not sure time wise, sure someone in the know will be able to answer though, just something for you to think about :)

fad

Clio 182 FF
Its private and I got it down to 7200 as it needs a service and tax

It has a ding in the rear quarter too which can be popped out by a dent man and seems pretty stright, interior is immaculate and when started it doesnt hunt around like I thought it would by reading about lumpy starts etc.

I do really think it will be fine but just being a pansy about it as I have always bought cars from people I know etc

Renault Clio 182
if your happy mate go for it.
longs you service it straight away, minor things can get fixed like dings etc.

fad

Clio 182 FF
If its missed the service wont the warranty be void ? Im just guessing here and im not sure how enforced it is but they usually allow you 1k miles not sure time wise, sure someone in the know will be able to answer though, just something for you to think about :)

Well as far as I know due to it having only 11k miles its imineant and not voiding the waranty as it hasnt exceeded the 12k interval?

Oh man why is it always bother buying cars lol

Just being the 5th owner at the moment thats making me a bit weary

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Check with a dealer that the warranty isnt void,after that if your happy then go for it

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd be very dubious of that many owners and that little mileage. Isn't it 12 months or 12k for servicing!?

fad

Clio 182 FF
Just rang Renault and they said as long as the Service is dont at 12k no effect to warranty.

Quite some conflicting views on here lol

clio 200 F4Rt
I would be asking some serious questions and going over the car with a fine tooth comb.

get it up on a ramp, look under it etc.

as 11k and that many owners just isnt right!!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
well I personally wouldn't leave a RenaultSport for 2 years unserviced, I'm pretty sure the Meganes are 1 year or 12k. I'm having mine serviced next month as it is a year old but only 5,500 miles.

172 /megane cab
i would say they have had it serviced just not by renault and then clocked it back to its first service i would walk away from that one

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
keep looking if it makes you question it not like its the only racing blue for sale is it get something you knows been looked after even if it means spending a little more.
itll allways be at the back of your mind get something you know is right.

BMW bus
My old man brought an XR2i many many moons ago (back when they were quite a respectable hot hatch, and not all chavved up like the majority you see these days). It'd had something like 6 owners in 2 years, he wasnt 100% sure but he bought it anyway and it turned out to be a right dog, always going wrong. He ended up selling it on at a big loss after 18 months.
I'm not saying thats what is gonna happen here, but if you dont feel right about it then go with your gut instinct - there will always be another one just around the corner

fad

Clio 182 FF
Walking away found something cleaner in Arctic blue which I wanted anyway.

Thanks for all your input guys really paid off to ask :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
no worries dude, as said, make sure your happy with it before you buy, or you'll regret it later. Good Luck!

Maz

LY 200
Sorry if I caused any confusion with the 2 years couldn't remember if it was 2 years or 12 months hence the iirc.