ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would any one buy a broken gearbox ?

Clio 200 full fat
hi guys just wondering my 172 gearbox has died i was wondering would anyone buy this ideal for recon maybe? or should i just scrap it and see what i get

thanks terry

Clio 200 full fat
not sure what damge is done my mechanic says it needs a new one as the car just wont drive

Clio 200 full fat
basically i changed the box before christmas for the one that is on the car now the day i picked it up it crunched 3rd all the way home told the person who put the box in it he said dw since then it was ok ocassionally i would not got in to reverse then last thursday went to do a u-turn in the road and the car would not move had to push the car down the road to my friends next day took the car to a local trusted mechanic who said the box had no clips to hold the gears in or something and the fact it crunched 3rd could possible have caused the problem now but either way ive had to go out and get another box from a guy on here now i need to get rid of my old dead box and try and get at least something out of it

SQ5
Don't buy second hand boxes unless you've driven with or your sending it away for a full rebuild.