ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would a dodgy "UCH" cause a circuit to short ???

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
my dial illuminations and side lights are all out everytime i change the fuse it pops do you thiibk this is a likely cause i have tried removing the lights and what not and it still blows fuses

LY 182
my dial illuminations and side lights are all out everytime i change the fuse it pops do you thiibk this is a likely cause i have tried removing the lights and what not and it still blows fuses
best way you can really check is, is get yourself a 12v bulb holder from a auto factors anything will do as long as you can connect wires to it. fit two male spade connecters to the other ends and connect it where the fuse plugs in. (this prevents you from keep blowing fuses,, more on this in a second)
turn all accesories on inside the car then pull the fuse (now bulb) out and this will tell you everything thats on this circuit.
take a note of this then you can think logically starting at the most obvious things to cause a short ie wires that move alot (in to doors etc) and wires that could be rubbed through by a gromet.

what the bulb does is if all is well on the circuit you will never get more than a dim glow from the bulb no matter what you turn on, if there is a short to earth the bulb will glow brightly and this will only happen with the faulty circuit turned on (unless of course its shorted between the fuse box and switch/relay of the component)
with the fact that now you have a bulb instead of keep blowing fuses you can manipulate wires etc untill it dosn't glow bright.