ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would a change from a 500d to a 50d be worth it?

Cupra
It depends if you ever find yourself wishing that you had more to hold onto or whether the extra time spent adjusting certain settings really affects your shots. I loved my jump from the 350D to the 40D, but can still happily use a 350D when I need to these days.

You wont find a huge leap in image quality, so it really comes down to a being able to manually adjust your lenses (never had to), faster frame rate and better ergonomics. You'll loose video, but that may not be an issue for you.

Oil Burner
Exactly what Andy has said. 90% of it is ergonomics and build quality.

Personally i moved from a 400d and 40d and it was like night and day. I also swear there was an improvement in AF performance.

I own a 50D and it feels very solid.

If your not too fussed about the extra megapixels the 40D is less noisy at higher ISO and you could pick one up dirt cheap, not a huge differnce between the older and newer model in real terms.

Oil Burner
If your not too fussed about the extra megapixels the 40D is less noisy at higher ISO and you could pick one up dirt cheap, not a huge differnce between the older and newer model in real terms.

A common statement, i have never quite agreed with.... (besides that obviously the 50d can do higher ISO)

50d - 3200

739558242_vMbUe-L.jpg

40d - 3200

739558041_BKzKv-L.jpg

The 40d is a quality camera however and used can be picked up for a bargain.

I own a 50D and it feels very solid.

Sorry to be off topic, but do you live in Donny and drive down bawtry road? and went into halfords last week? LOL.

Oh and I'm considering going from a 450D to a 50D.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
hmmm, not fussed about the video tbh. would ideally want a 7d but no way in hell I can afford one. ergonomics of my 500d seem fine to me, suppose i will just have to start saving the pennies to afford the 7d