ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would 185/55/15 be too narrow?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey

Looking at some 15" alloys, they come with some 185/55/15 tyres with very good tread left.

Would it be reasonable to think it would be ok to use the 185/55/15 on my 172? I dont particually drive hard.

Once they have gone down to like 2mm i will replace with some 195/55/15's

Thanks all

FF 182
If they are the correct tyre size for the wheel then it will be fine. When you go up to 195 the sidewall may bulge over slightly but not to drastically.

Hope this helps
Kyle

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
As long as they fit the wheel correctly there should be no issue running them.

Although when you change them in the future, I would change to 195/50/15 rather than 195/55/15.

Standard tyre size on non sports that have alloys . My dci100 has standard renault alloys with that size on but i find it a bit waddly but vey comfortable.

But as thomas said its down to wheel width too.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I doubt you'd notice the different between 185/55 and 195/50 unless you were on a race track. (assuming the compound was the same).

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I ran some 195/55/15's for a month or some on some turbines. On hard cornering and big bumps i got a little rubbing but the turbine offsets didn't help. Now on 195/50/15. No rubbing and the ride is no different, although I did go from budgets to PS3's so not really a fair comparison for ride quality.

If a soft ride is really important choose a tyre with a nice soft side wall like a uni royal rainsport next time you buy a set of tyres.