ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would 172,182 shocks fit a 1.2 16v???

Clio Extreme 1.2 16v 2003
I have a 2003 1.2 16v Extreme and was wondering if standard shock absorbers from a 172,182 0r cup would fit???

I think the bolt spacing on my shocks are 58mm but not 100% sure.

I replaced the standard springs with some spax ones which dropped it by 60mm with it still on the standard shocks... that was about 2 years ago now.

Also dose anyone know of anywere that shortens shock abrorbers at all?

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/G_2500/My Car/?start=all

Lots of Alfas
No they wont, they wont match up to your hubs, they may even heighten your car as they are rated at the front for a bigger heavier engine.

Would i be correct in my theory...

replacing the standard springs with spax 60mm would have only lowered the ride height by 60mm therefore compressing the shock absorbers also by 60mm... its the shocks whick dampen the force from bumps in the road not the springs.. The shock absorbers being compressed an extra 60mm before even going over a bump makes them want to compress an extra 60mm through the end of the shock leading to a larger impact therefore spliting the shock absorber or leakage

Thats just a theory of mine... im no expert... but would this be correct

should i go for some 60mm drop pi shocks???

went on the pi site and found the 60mm pi suspension kit with shock and springs
http://www.pi-suspension.co.uk/p1320147.htm

only i dont need the springs and cant find just the shocks on their own... (im sure they used to be on there before they changed the site but cant remember the part numbers for back and front)