ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worth it?

Listerine & Poledo
Right.

I'm a novice with, well, anything to do with maintenance and junk. Trying to work out if it's worth doing speaker upgrades or not.

I was originally thinking of doing amps, components, the works, but that looks like a vast amount of work that I'm really not liking the look of.

for instance, if I used the existing speaker wiring, how would I get the front component wires to link up into the front outputs on the amp?

so, in the name of naming life easier, I was thinking of either the Hertz 130's or Pioneer straight-swap comps up front. IF being run off of your average Alpine 4x50w unit, which would be the better bet?

the pioneers obviously just attach to existing wires, but the Hertz get better reviews for what sounds like not a vast amount more grief?

finally, for the rear pods, I was toying with the idea of the phonocar mid-basses as seen in caraudiodirect, with a filter in-line? Only thinking of changing because there's something amiss in the passenger-rear door pod that needs looking into, may as well get some new gear in there.. or just get a pair of simple co-ax?

Help appreciated,

I was originally thinking of doing amps, components, the works, but that looks like a vast amount of work that I'm really not liking the look of.

for instance, if I used the existing speaker wiring, how would I get the front component wires to link up into the front outputs on the amp?

Help appreciated,

You could amp the front speakers at the head unit end. Same with the rears.

Golf GTD Mk7
people have done just speaker upgrades before and said its better. Standard system and amp is load enough, just the speakers can't cope with it imo. Go for it :)

Listerine & Poledo
You could amp the front speakers at the head unit end. Same with the rears.

I thought there were seperate tweet & mid wirings, and I'm guessing there's not enough room to hide x-overs up inside the dash, since everyone seems to put theirs in the doors or under the seats?

I thought there were seperate tweet & mid wirings, and I'm guessing there's not enough room to hide x-overs up inside the dash, since everyone seems to put theirs in the doors or under the seats?

All the wiring for tweets and mids is contained in the door but you can still amp them at the head unit end.