ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worth getting any other rear brakes and pads other thah OEM ones?

Abarth 595
need them changed anyway, any others worth a few extra quid? or just stick with standard ones? also, best front pads to go with OEM discs?

C

clio-lord

rears any old s**t will do they do nothin anyway. i have somw omp ones in from ebay, oem disc are better and they have bearings in. but any pads will do for the rears

182 cup
With the weight/brake bias of the Clio the rear does very little and even on track they don't generate too much heat. So either a good quality std pad, or a very mild upgrade ie a good fast road pad (say Ferodo DS performance - this is what I use and it's fine).
For the front depending on use, for the road a good quality std pad will be enough (the clio has got decent brakes).
For track the DS2500 is good, but there is other options as well (say RC5+ from carbon lorraine, AX6 from carbotech to mention a few). Depends on budget as some of these pads are expensive.

172cup turbo & rx8
i have just put oem discs and mintex 1144's on the rear with brembo hc discs with mintex 1144's on the front, my car is used daily with the intention of a few trackdays and the ocasional trip to the ring

due to how the car is used i wanted somthing that would be good from cold and first impressions are fantastic, went out for a "spirited" drive today and they where great