ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worried about DB on track

BMW F30 / Clio 182
As above, so I've bought a cheap DB reader off Amazon to check it out.

My 2 questions are; what RPM do they do the static testing at? And secondly the previous owner chucked in the cat for the KTEC straight exhaust, is it easy enough to source and fit a box box / silencer if needed?

I'm very new to this so excuse the stupid questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW F30 / Clio 182
I'm not I'm afraid, I'm in Reading, think the nearest is Combe.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not a daft question mate. What's the track db your going too. I've had a decatted inox exhaust that was very loud and that went through ok.

BMW F30 / Clio 182
It's rockingham I've got planned, has 105 static.
I hadn't thought about it to be fair but the previous owner said he was worried it might fail.
It's a KTEC supersport decat

(Plenty more to come from the stupid pot [emoji23])

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm sure you'll be fine. I've been at days with very loud 350zs with silly jap cans, clios on throttle bodies with yozza as and beamers with no silencers or cats and they all passed fine.

If you've got a mate who's been tested on track, measure their car to see what your reader says, if it's similar to what the track guys got then you can be sure it'll be reet for yours :)

BMW F30 / Clio 182
I'm sure you'll be fine. I've been at days with very loud 350zs with silly jap cans, clios on throttle bodies with yozza as and beamers with no silencers or cats and they all passed fine.

If you've got a mate who's been tested on track, measure their car to see what your reader says, if it's similar to what the track guys got then you can be sure it'll be reet for yours :)

Gives me a bit of confidence cheers! I'm the only one of my mates getting into this, so a billy track no mates? Ha

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
As above normally 3/4 revs static. You can get temporary silencers if your really worried. Have a look on Trackdays.co.uk it lists all the sites limits on there.

Another trick for passing a static noise test: you will be asked for the maximum rpm of you car and the tester will then calculates the rpm value you will be tested at (usually three quarters of your maximum rpm). If you think you are borderline then understate your max rpm so you are tested at a lower rpm. It makes quite a difference .... 3/4 of 7200 is 5400.... 3/4 of 6200 is 4600.

Also make sure your engine is warm when the noise test is performed.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You will be fine. Every time I've been tested he looks at the car (clio in all but one case) and asks to rev and hold at 4500 iirc. The closest I've been was 104db lol

BMW F30 / Clio 182
Sweet cheers all, think I should be ok then! Will have a little test with my new toy somewhere open but it's helped me thanks

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
My bosses sunbeam tiger. Full race car, is only just over 100 static at a metre distance at about 4000 rpm.
It does have a tony law system some huge boxes though.

20150827_160140-1.jpg

You'll be fine!

Subaru imp & leggy
I'm only 20 mins from you. I tested 87db at brands on Monday evening at 5000rpm. Happy to meet over easter and see what your meter reads mine at for a comparison against circuit equipment. Pm you contact details