ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worried about coilovers

Hi all,i recently orderd some adjustables ktr/fk coilovers for my 172cup!now ive been reading up(which i should of done first)and for an extra £80 i could of got some h&r's.as ive read nothing but good things about them!will this kit ruin my handeling?i rang k-tec and asked to pay extra and get some h&r's but they said it was to late as they have already been orderd!can anyone give me some advice on the situation!what would be my best bet?or are the ktr/fk ok? cheers

FK's are just not quite as good as H and R's.

You could return the Fk's without fitting them saying your not happy under your statuatory rights they haveot refund you the full amount (read up thougn on exactly what you canr efuse them on).

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Aye, anything you buy mail order you can return within 7 working days for a full refund under the distance selling regs, no reason required. They must be in as new condition. As for which coilover is best I aint got a clue ;)

cup_66 said:
Yeah thats what i was thinking maybe!will the fk's improve my handel much?
Yes they will make the ride height lower (assuming you set them up that wat) roll will be reduced and you can go faster round bends.Also depending how you like cars setup its more controllable beyond the limit.

i've paid!i just wonderd is it worth all the hassel of taking them back to get the h&r's? or should i just stick with the fks?

VRS
i would go for h&r's matey, everyone raves about them on here :D
im sure k-tec wont have a problem if you get the h&r's from them! they can eaily shift the fk's and at the end of the day you are going to be giving them more money for the h&r's!!!

tell them your from cs as well! we give them lots of business

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i have h&r's and they are awsome, but this week i've reverted back to standard, and tbh, i'd forgotten how good the cup is with standard shocks on, once you've got over how high it sits, they are really well set up.

Chocolate Bar™
should be able to cancel and get your money back at any time, i know u can with almost any good company. if your going to pay the extra then i really cant see why they would complain

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Just tell them you will send them back under distance selling regulations, and to save veryone hassle can you just change the order please.

Cheers guys,i did ring up on saturday!and they said!they are on order from germany so its cost them moeny to get them in(as they dont keep them as stock)and that they will be losing money by keeping them,but surely someone would buy them soon!ill try my luck tomoro see what they have to say!fingers crossed it will work out for me!if not ill send them back and purchase else where!
And they said its end of the matter and i couldnt change them so im in two minds what to do?!!

Maz

LY 200
Find out what their returns policy if they won't let you change them for H&R's surely they would rather have your business than not at all ?? hope you get it sorted :)

Anything you buy, if its not used/opened you can return as long as its within 7 days. no question asked. its your rights/the law.

sorted

right - I just checked K-Tec's web site - heres what it says

Q
Am I able to cancel an order?
A
Yes, you are able to cancel an order but due to the nature of our business it will be subject to a 25% handling charge. Any goods that are being returned for a refund must also be in a resalable condition and must not have been fitted. A copy of the original invoice must also be sent back with the parts and the cost of sending the parts back to us will not be reimbursed (this will depend on the reason for return). We do offer an option where the full amount paid (less the postage if the goods have been sent to you) for a cancelled order can be held as credit with K-Tec Racing, which can be used at any time for any parts, and this way to you do not have to pay the 25% surcharge.

so according to -"We do offer an option where the full amount paid (less the postage if the goods have been sent to you) for a cancelled order can be held as credit with K-Tec Racing, which can be used at any time for any parts, and this way to you do not have to pay the 25% surcharge" You should be able to send them back - and have the full amount as credit to spend with them so could then order the H&R's.
Well worth it in my opinion too

Thanks very much for all your help guys,right i rang up and spoke to someone really helpfull!and i am actually able to change my order which is fine!but the guy over the phone said he would stick with the fks over the h&r's!!i need a few more opions to make my mind up!are people with the fks happy?and has anyone changed from fks to h&r's?what are your thoughts?quick replies needed as i said i would call back by the end of today and make my mind up!cheers

cup_66 said:
Thanks very much for all your help guys,right i rang up and spoke to someone really helpfull!and i am actually able to change my order which is fine!but the guy over the phone said he would stick with the fks over the h&r's!!i need a few more opions to make my mind up!are people with the fks happy?and has anyone changed from fks to h&r's?what are your thoughts?quick replies needed as i said i would call back by the end of today and make my mind up!cheers
H and R's all the way sine its not much extra.

Iceberg 172
Go H&R mate, the handling is ace.....although i'm not taking anything away from fk's, just went with H&R through word of mouth of how good they were, and i'm well pleased with them.