ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World Series by Renault, 2011

Clio GT 120 EDC
Had great time and the two boys loved it.

Saturday was better an sunday as it was too busy yesterday and aload of people that don'y get a monkeys but the collectors cars. I had a beer can left infront of my car with grrrr.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Great day I thought. I didn't see any 16v Clio's and no 172 Cup either in the show area. Great to see Reanult's Clio Williams no. 001. Interesting that Renault's Trophy had obvious paint swills on its bonnet. The last Clio race was good with lots of three wheel action at Luffield Corner.

172 ph1
There were some proper scummy looking chavs there, I guess "free tickets" brings these idiots out.

I'm pretty sure I was the only northerner there too?!

cheers for the pics mate hope u liked the car....and as far as north goes im from newcastle so no u werent lol! didnt realise there was dicks like that at the weekend im glad i locked mine up and it didnt get scratched or anything...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
went on the sunday, i'd of said as per last year the Clio Cup race was the best of the bunch (of course the Megane crash last year was crazy but i didn't see it firsthand!)

Yeah everyone went after that, you must have left just before me then as mine was the last left of our group

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Overall the event was very good. There didn't seem to be as many stands as last year but there were several different ones to last time including a wide display of vehicles that were coachbuilt by various independent companies using Renault supplied vehicles. I spent a long time talking to Voyager MPV from Crewe as they sell taxis built from Renault Trafic minibuses. I just happen to have one on order from them due to be delivered next Thursday. I'm going over there this week to see how its coming along so I might try and get some photos and put them on here.
Unfortunately this type of event does seem to attract a lot of people that don't usually turn up to Motorsport events and let their kids run riot over the cars on display with no regard to how much the cars are worth. I think having the owners enclosure the other side of the bridge from the main village was better and meant you could watch the racing while keeping an eye on your car. I had a lot of people come and ask about my car which I've not had experience of before and saw a lot of people showing a genuine interest in the variety of cars that were in the RAOC area. I got the feeling the Ph1 172 is becoming more collectable now as fewer cars are left in original condition. I had lot of compliments about mine anyway.

172 ph1
Overall the event was very good. There didn't seem to be as many stands as last year but there were several different ones to last time including a wide display of vehicles that were coachbuilt by various independent companies using Renault supplied vehicles. I spent a long time talking to Voyager MPV from Crewe as they sell taxis built from Renault Trafic minibuses. I just happen to have one on order from them due to be delivered next Thursday. I'm going over there this week to see how its coming along so I might try and get some photos and put them on here.
Unfortunately this type of event does seem to attract a lot of people that don't usually turn up to Motorsport events and let their kids run riot over the cars on display with no regard to how much the cars are worth. I think having the owners enclosure the other side of the bridge from the main village was better and meant you could watch the racing while keeping an eye on your car. I had a lot of people come and ask about my car which I've not had experience of before and saw a lot of people showing a genuine interest in the variety of cars that were in the RAOC area. I got the feeling the Ph1 172 is becoming more collectable now as fewer cars are left in original condition. I had lot of compliments about mine anyway.

think your right there on all accounts....which ph1 was yours mate? i liked the tipper van which can tip sideways aswel lol

Ph 1 172
[SOUNDCLOUD][/SOUNDCLOUD]
think your right there on all accounts....which ph1 was yours mate? i liked the tipper van which can tip sideways aswel lol

+1 about the phase 1 172 had several people askme questions about mine, although mines not standard.(coilovers, couple phase 2 parts, o and a seat cupra R splitter hanging off from when I nearly ripped mybumper off parking in the infield, I dropped off the concrete bit where all the 162/182/197/200's car were not seeing the bigdip after it)

Megane GT
It was quite a good day. Would be nice if there were more owners cars though, that is one huge difference you notice between rws and ff, even though they are completely different events. Racing was good, and nice to meet you Brian :)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
We had a decent day, especially as it was for free and you had grandstand tickets to stay out of the rain.

I only saw one RB 182 on Saturday, very low, near the RenaultSport tent in the centre.

And I saw a GW 200 pass me on the way back home J15 of M1.:cool:

Some pics:

Clio1.gif

Clio2.gif

Clio6.gif

Clio3.gif

Clio5.gif

Clio4.gif

Think this guy got confused as to which way round he should be.....near miss too!!
ClioSpin.gif

Roman Grossjean doing his bit in the F1 car.
LotusF1.gif

And Monsieur Ragnotti giving it some for a few laps. :)
Ragnotti1.gif

Ragnotti2.gif

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I only saw one RB 182 on Saturday, very low, near the RenaultSport tent in the centre.

Yeh that was mine, I was working on Renault world (clio cup racer/ white clio 200/ formula 4/ win a clio gordini etc)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It was quite a good day. Would be nice if there were more owners cars though, that is one huge difference you notice between rws and ff, even though they are completely different events. Racing was good, and nice to meet you Brian :)

Likewise! To think Steve nearly walked off without introducing you!

RB One Eight Two
Thoroughly enjoyed Sunday, i thought it was superb.

Really can't work out why some people thought it was boring, probably the best motorsport event I have been to, and it was free!

Fiesta ST-2
Enjoyed the piss up on saturday night, some great banter in the litchfield tent. Fack I was so pissed.

Really enjoyed the weekend, will be off again next year.

AG 200 cup
Enjoyed the weekend racing was ok but everything felt the same as last year. Banter at the campsite was quality can't wait till next year. Norfbest.

Megane GT
Likewise! To think Steve nearly walked off without introducing you!

I know! What a wally. I said hi to you when I came over and you just looked at me confused, at that point I realised you had no idea who I was! :p haha

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I know! What a wally. I said hi to you when I came over and you just looked at me confused, at that point I realised you had no idea who I was! :p haha

Doesn't help that I'm shy and socially inept, I'll try harder on Sunday ;)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Yeh that was mine, I was working on Renault world (clio cup racer/ white clio 200/ formula 4/ win a clio gordini etc)

Nice.
Very close by was a Clio 200 in white with carbon fibre stripes down the bonnet.
Think this was one of the Renault World cars, smart looking guy got out of if, black trousers, white shirt, went in the Renault enclosure.

I enjoyed it on sunday , left at 3pm ,3hour drive the stupid steward wouldnt let me go out of the gate we came in, until a monaco blue 172 turned up and a clio mk2 v6 in storm grey so i just went out with them guys ,so thanks to you guys

also some chavs picking at a renault spider windbreak lip on the windscreen ....why?
and if you had a car with any carbon bonnet the just HAD to touch it

Last edited:
ive ended up with loads of scratches down the side of mine just adds to the rest of them so i dont mind tbh.BUT the amount of idiots trying door handles and picking at stuff on the cars was out of order

Megane GT
Doesn't help that I'm shy and socially inept, I'll try harder on Sunday ;)

Haha, ok I'll hold you to that!

I really didnt notice any of this door handle trying and picking at cars. Was that in infield or the general car parks?

Megane GT
Oh really? I was infield and didnt see it. Although I wasnt over by the car much so perhaps I just missed everyones cars being vandalised!