ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Working From Home" = Clean Z4

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I finally picked up a new Nilsfick Pressure washer last week for a pretty decent price, (never had my own at home before, always nick one or use the unit's one) and I'd been eager to see if it was as good as the Karcher. Worked from home today so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a go.

Ontop of that, I'd bought a few goodies recently and the car covered approx 3.5k miles in Feb!

Process was:

Pressure washed
RDS all over, wheels, shuts and around badges etc agitated
Gave the roof a going over with the autoglym and the sponge that comes with it.
Pressure washed again
Megs gold class 2BM wash
Pressure wash
Dry
Coat of AF tripple
Gliptone both seats (proper massively impressed with this, old products rock)
Hoovered out the inside
Went over any plastic marks with the brush and some RDS
Plastics and wheel wiped over with a clean MF

I forgot to take befores (for once) and I only noticed today I've ran out of tyre gel :(

Anyway, pics (they're not great but it was getting dark and couldn't be bothered to get my tripod) :eek::

The new kit:

12973536574_c0ca15d68f_c.png

I enjoyed a top down jaunt earlier in the sun with my mum (first time she's been out in it) so I thought I'd take pics top down:

12973552964_4890f12a53_c.png

12973130575_2d1cd2f346_c.png

12973275623_823c7455b6_c.png

12973273653_4bf089f549_c.png

12973271923_975ca7c9be_c.png

12973269943_99c2817995_c.png

Quick one with the top up:

12973541154_a6a7ee77b6_c.png

All in all I'm still really enjoying the car, full alignment in Feb has made it even better, along with the winter wheels and new pads and new brake fluid last month too.

Oh and the pressure washer, superb. Really very impressed and a proper bargain from screwfix IMO.

In terms of plans, I think I'll be keeping it past summer, so it'll have the summer wheels back on, which are now refurbed, and I'll be having the front bumper sprayed up.

Last, I should be getting the brembos on that I've had for an age, that should finish it off and maybe line it up for a few summer track days....

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Silver just suits the car better, they look proper fresh. It's maybe the tyre profile that throws out the looks.

I still love it and i'd love a Z4. Lovely car.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Those wheels sit SO well in the arches.

Just the right height

Cheers chip, funny thing is it was purely by chance. 5 series wheel lying about, thought I'd try them and they happened to fit poyfect!

Silver just suits the car better, they look proper fresh. It's maybe the tyre profile that throws out the looks.

I still love it and i'd love a Z4. Lovely car.

Cheers chap, I agree on the silver, I do love how it looks a bit more "hard/focused" in the winter though.

Summer I want it looking fresh whilst blasting through the country lanes/around town top down.

Love this!

How much was the pressure washer if you dont mind me asking? wouldnt mind one myself.

Cheers mate, it was £60 (£10 off) came with two attachments, and a foam bottle (not tried that yet).

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I do love those wheels, nice job dude. Now you have the kit I'll give it another going over :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great, Echo others on how it sits but it still looks better on your summer wheels.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers chaps!

It's weird how the two sets of wheels really divide opinion. Those who like stripped cars and similar like the winters, and those who like newer/baller spec cars favour the summers.

I do love those wheels, nice job dude. Now you have the kit I'll give it another going over :)

I am proper loving car cleaning lately, so I can't wait.

Inferno 225 cup
Seriously love this Rob. You've made yours look great.

A lad at work has just bought one in carbon black is it? Looks proper tidy and sounds nice.

You've made yours look great

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Seriously love this Rob. You've made yours look great.

A lad at work has just bought one in carbon black is it? Looks proper tidy and sounds nice.

You've made yours look great

Thanks Jacob! Carbon black's lovely, I just couldn't deal with owning a black car. Grey's the best colour for me, grey with my seats would be magic.

Those wheels are f**king boss. The car looks fabulous. And I don't even normally like the Z4 all that much!

Keep those rims year round and fit them with epic rubber in the summer.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Shed. Buy a porsche you bumder. One like TheEvilGiraffe linked you to perhaps?

LOL! That one's too old, wrong engine, all sorts! You're looking for one right?

Those wheels are f**king boss. The car looks fabulous. And I don't even normally like the Z4 all that much!

Keep those rims year round and fit them with epic rubber in the summer.

Cheers Royston, I really can't figure out why so many love the winter wheels so much. I proper love the //M wheels in the summer!

Looks amazing for a 11 year old car. How much is it worth?

Ta mate, not enough unfortunately, peanuts! (£5k ish)

Looks absolutely brilliant Rob. Would love a Z4 at some point having entered the world of BMW, and it's mostly down to your threads!

Sorry Joey, don't mean to make to keep you spending. The zed's are coming down in price so much lately though, you could have one for the summer surely? Or even a z3?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've used gliptone for years mate. I just don't use conditioners. They don't work on modern leather.

My mum has used it on couches for years. Great cleaner.

ST1050, 320d
Looks sweet, I'm a fan of the wheels too. I think I've bought the same pressure washer as you, but it hasn't flipping arrived yet :mad: Need to clean the cars over the weekend.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks again chaps, I really am loving the car again now the sun is starting to appear on occasion.

Looks sweet, I'm a fan of the wheels too. I think I've bought the same pressure washer as you, but it hasn't flipping arrived yet :mad: Need to clean the cars over the weekend.

What one mate? I just did click and collect. Proper impressed.

Edited the first photo because I was bored, not normally one for PP, but it does make it look very clean. :eek:

12985821823_3f0d93cf9a_c.png

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice work bobert. Bus is looking good.

Working from home for the win. ;)

If I hadn't given it that initial clean at your place mate (it's what inspired me to go and get my pressure washer) then it'd have literally taken me all day to clean. As it was, not too bad!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lol! Hopefully finishing mine tonight with Mike, meaning I can get it MOT'd next week, then back on the road. I need to clean mine hopefully this weekend. Myself. Ant will murder me if it goes to the poleskis again :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol! Hopefully finishing mine tonight with Mike, meaning I can get it MOT'd next week, then back on the road. I need to clean mine hopefully this weekend. Myself. Ant will murder me if it goes to the poleskis again :eek:

Im sure they cleaned it with a yard broom last time lol