ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

word of warning!

Hi guys,

I was a cliosport member many moons ago and owned a sweet silver 182. Since owning the 182 i have had a Audi TT 3.2 V6 and i now own a facelift Focus ST3.

I can tell you without any shadow of doubt that the 182 is the best drivers car i've ever owned. I would love to be able to climb in and throw the 182 round some twisty B roads!

Both cars i have owned since are faster and more refined, but i wish i still had access to the 182 fun factor. So before you all wish for an 'upgrade' remember that you are driving one of the best hot hatches ever built!!

Kevin,

Don't do it!! you will regret it. I wish i'd kept hold of mine and bought an old oil burner or a SMART car. though if anyone is looking to trade up their mint low milage TROPHY for a 2008 ST 3 you should hit me up! ;0)

Kevin,

Don't do it!! you will regret it. I wish i'd kept hold of mine and bought an old oil burner or a SMART car. though if anyone is looking to trade up their mint low milage TROPHY for a 2008 ST 3 you should hit me up! ;0)

Probably should have bought an RS then :L

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Makes me think the only upgrade I will be happy with is a clio 200 or megane 230 f1. :-/

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
The way i allways think is, if you sell youre car what could you buy with the money you get and would it be as good/as much fun....
There's nothing better you could get with the money gained from selling a clio sport
I plan on never selling mine!
A big mistake people allways make when selling a car is that they will have to put money towards the next car they get...why!? This makes sence if ur selling for a brand new car, but if ur selling a second hand car to buy another second hand car its a waste of money

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Having driven a TT and an ST, I know exactly what you mean.

Albeit the TT I drove was only the 225, but I hated it.

Mini Cooper S
A big mistake people allways make when selling a car is that they will have to put money towards the next car they get...why!? This makes sence if ur selling for a brand new car, but if ur selling a second hand car to buy another second hand car its a waste of money

LOL. How does that make sense?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I will never sell my 182! no point for the money it's worth compared to what it can do tbh :)

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I can't believe I've had my 182 for 7 years this month. I can't see me ever getting rid of it.

Thinking the same, don't want to ever sell it. My mate had one but sold it and has since had a CTR, copper S and a beemer, but is now debating getting another 182.

320d
Clio's are great fun but there are other cars out there. I miss my 172, I always look at the for sale ads every time a clean ph1 comes up, however i've not missed it enough to actually get another one. I find my mx5 better in most ways really but every time I see a ph1 172 or a trophy I always think at some point I want another. The other variants don't really do much for me though, ph2 172's and 182's just don't look special enough for me. R27's and well spec'd 200's look superb however.