ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Won't start - possibly alternator/battery problem?

Subaru 330s
Not driven my car for a day or two and decided to wash it today, pulled it down the drive and it felt a little funny, not running quite right. Got it jacked up and took the wheels off one side, when I put them back on and went to pull it back off the block it sounded a bit sqeaky from one of the belts and then it dissapeared. When I went to drive the other side up the block the battery and stop light on my dash were flickering, quite dim and it sounded like it was about to die. I turned it off and tried to start it again but this time nothing, it won't start now.

After having a read of a few posts i'm guessing battery or alternator?

I had it booked in next week for the aux belt and the cam belt was done 2 years ago. No record of the aux belt being done so decided to get that done.

Yep sounds like an Alternator to me, Have you checked the voltage across the battery terminals whilst its running? Should read about 14v. Check the belt is still there too :p I know mine vanished one day (only because the power steering belt came off)

renault clio 1.6 16v
What was the outcome? I've had the battery light and stop light on today, changed the battery as needed a new one n still on?