ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonky exhaust with new mounts

Hi
Anyone got any ideas on what this is.

I have a 182 and standard exhaust setup. the exhaust was off centre (to the right) and right pipe sitting lower.

I've changed the rear exhaust mounts for new ones and has centred them up a little but right tail pipe still lower than the left

any suggestions? i know there is a mount in front of the right silencer, could it be this? has anyone else experienced this?

When they come out the factory there are washer under the exhaust mounts in order to get the tail pipes sitting at the correct height, maybe they have been removed buy the previous owner.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Definitely change the centre hanger as well. If it's fucked it will put pressure on the rear mounts iirc.

Get a genuine Renault centre hangar (red)

This is my problem

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
You need to space the rubber hangers out with thick pipe or sockets. I changed mine and mine weren't straight. It's trial and error but once it's done it's fine. I've got pics in my thread it's about half way through

2003 Clio 172
I would just like to point out that this underside photo of the little red number is.............arousing.............which is no mean feat on a Thursday.