ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wondering?

clio 172
my 172 had tracking an balancing done,new front wheel bearings but still it wanders left and right! thinking lower ball joints any suggestions??

Could be a few things , track rod ends , track rods , ball joints top mounts lol best thing is take it a garage to check the lot (free healthcheck ;) ) Or if you know what your doing get it up and have a play !! id have a look but im a little far away haha!!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Jack it up and get a pole or crow bar or summit and get leverage and pry at the ball joints and rods etc and check for play and knocking noises, thats all a garage will do. Don't take it to a garage they will pull your trousers down no doubt and invent or cause problems

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
What size are those alloys in your avatar, and is the car still on them?

Ps. It's 'wandering'. Apologies, I'm sad I know, but my OCD couldn't let me get through the day without pointing it out.

clio 172
there 17s, dont like them but they came on the car when i bought it cant afford to get smaller ones yet!! lol at the OCD my bad :D

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
No worries, as above, could be a number of things - could be the 17s for example. Before you change ball joints etc I'd be changing those or testing 16s, especially if you're planning to change the wwheels anyway. It may solve the wandering issues.

Clio sport 182
Yeah i used to notice with bigger wider wheels they grip rvery bump in the road and wander so could be them.