ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonder Wheels - Before/After

Since fitting the PF97 pads, my front alloys have seen better days!

These were some AFTER a clean with Bilberry from a while ago:

_DSC2956.jpg

_DSC2954.jpg

And one just before I used Wonder Wheels:

IMAG0081.jpg

Then......after about 2 hours of elbow grease, yes 2 HOURS!.....I was left with this:

IMAG0084.jpg

Much better!! There's still a few tough as hell bits in the corners I couldn't be bothered spending all day to remove, but other than that, very happy with it!

I certainly won't be using this very often, but it was great to get that thick layer of brake dust (and disc!) off.

I was a bit worried about using it, after hearing some horror stories, but as I have £120 of Halfords vouchers, what the heck!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Much better.... It'll make little difference but maybe try sticking a good few layers of sealant on those whilst they are clean.

WW is good to give them a proper clean so than you can then properly protect and keep on top of them. Gave mine some WW, polish and then sealed with 2/3 layers of poorboys about 6/7 months ago and they're still looking great.

Fiesta ST-3
I hate cleaning wheels. Such a b**ch. I always hurt my fingers/knuckles. Good results. Not used wonder wheels in a while, mainly because I don't let my wheels get that stinking in the first place :p

mainly because I don't let my wheels get that stinking in the first place :p

Neither do I much.

But that's not just brake dust, it's disc metal too. I'm pretty sure I did all that in one night. I fitted brand new HC discs, and the PF97s, then went out to bed them in.....and test them out ;)

After they bedded in, when I braked hard (and I mean hard), they sparked like crazy, so that was all the disc going everywhere, and then stuck on my wheels :( All that crap has never budged since.

You wouldn't get that on 'normal' pads, it's those damn PF97s! But the stopping power is epic though!

Two hours is hardcore. I'd have jacked it up and taken them off if you were going to spend that long on it!

Good results though :D