ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Won an SLR camera

RB 182
Got a phone call today from channel 5/gadhet show saying congratulations I had won a camera. It's a Canon EOS 450D and if that means anything to anyone could you please share it with me as I'm not into cameras at all wondered if its any good. If not on the bay it goes.

SchwepTek™
I have a 400D mate and yours is the new one. You are one lucky git as i'd love a 450.

They are about £450 new!

RB 182
Thanks for that. Where can i read up and a beginners guide to photography. any decent magazines or web sites you could recommend

Lupo GTI
Man, I never win anything. :(
Nice camera though, still thinking about shotting it on the bay?

A4 Avant
Thanks for that. Where can i read up and a beginners guide to photography. any decent magazines or web sites you could recommend

There are some excellent guides for the basics on here stickied in the photography section! Good place to start.

A red missile
450D is a decent camera for sure, i'd be well chuffed to be handed one for free :)

Get ready to part with a LOT of money though, you'll soon start wanting lenses/flashgun/tripod etc. etc. etc. It can end up running into the national debt of some small countries ;)

RB 182
was a bit dubious at first thinking it was a scam but now after seeing some of the pics and reviews of the camera i'm looking forward to getting it and taking some pics. those guides in here helps to make sense of it all but i think it could end up with me taking pics of everything as i learn how to use it properly