ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wolf's nano sealent

I applied this back in september and it has around a 6 month lifespan, the effects seem to not be working so well anymore.

I am obviously looking to re-apply but will need to wait until the sub temps have risen.

Is there anything I need to do to make sure it's all removed before re-applying as I don't want it to start hazing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You need to strip it all back with one of these cleanser/polish/strong apc. Then of course IPA then re-apply.

I'm not a bodywrap fan tbh.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Toby did a lot of experimenting with body wrap IIRC

from what I've read it's fairly picky over application with regards to temperature and moisture. I have heard of applying additional layers over the top to bring it back to life.

What effects seem not to be working? sheeting, beading, washing off debris etc

As Gally has said, strong APC ratio in a snow foam lance, or just spritzed over the entire car and left to dwell. This will remove the original layer. Then usual prep pre reapplying.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. Like I said i'm not a massive fan of it. Not sure if Toby liked it after some fine tuning.

Not a 320d
Its fussy as f**k. Really dont rate it TBH.

Sooner C2. Or C1.

You dont need to strip back to re apply. Clean the car as usual, then wipe down with IPA, then re apply. Theres no issues and will actually use the previous application to sit on top of, which I find to be more effective making it last longer than before. Also, get a second coat on a week later using the same method (IPA after wash then re apply) itll last a lot longer. Only reason youd need to strip is if the car was contaminated to f**k in which case claying n s**t would do it anyway.