ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wobbly rear

hi i am new to the site, was wondering if anyone can help me, i drive a clio 172 and the rear is very wobbly a few mate said they though they were like that and scatty on the road but this dont feel safe, i have had the rear bushes replaced and that kinda solved the problem but since i have had all the brakes and pads replaced it seems even worse, could this be as they are still bedding in or could it be the shocks at the back, seems when you go over the tinyest bump the car seems to wobble on teh axle, bit un-nerving when over taking or goin round a corner.

hope someone can shed some light on this

cheers steve

I had a simliar problem with mine, going round a bumpy bend the back would jump around and slide about. Eventually got the rear shocks changed and that fixed it.

Has started doing it again recently, but I think maybe its just because its been wet and Ive been going a bit quick :eek: and I could probably do with some new rear tyres...

no its a standard interior but the reply from robert cl sounds just the ticket cause it does jump and skid a bit and i was thinking it could be the rear shocks

What are your tyre pressures? If theyre too high it will skip across the road and if theyre too low then it will grip but youll feel it move around a bit due to the softer sidewalls.

Yeah, take it to a garage and ask for them to check the shocks. That fixed mine and it felt so much more solid on the road once Id had it done.