ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

With RR day coming..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I feel lacking in the power dept anyone know what i can do to get some extra bhp

i was thinking:

optimax

New panel filter + lots of aluminum tubing+ jubliee clips + funnel = ram air induction?

new back box

or shall i just not bother?

Tips anyone?

Ive just got the ktec racing brochure and am sorely tempted to get loads of stuff but am trying to resist. Try not to talk me over on saturday!

If i were you id get the vipercross carbon induction kit and relocation pipe from k-tec, good gains and looks the dogs. Theyre 6x4 backbox looks quite tasty too as well as a de-cat.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Cat back exhaust and decat pipe that way at least it will sound good .... lol. Might even get another 5bhp?

You dont need the relocation pipe if you get the the viper induction fits to the plate then the air ducting goes to the front of the car with the nice red aluminium intake showing at the front got one on mine.

Well no you dont need it but its only 39 quid and will give more air so more BHP. Tom reading my K-tec catologue last night theyll soon have availble a chip for the 1.2 so if you had exhaust, filter, head gasket, manifold, chip, and reprofiled cams you would have 100bhp + . If you got a 50bhp shot of NOS youd be onto a winner...

Renault Laguna Coupe

This ought to do it:

http://www.gasturbine.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/derwent1.jpg

Power Output....................................3500 Lbs Static Thrust
RPM.................................................14,700 rpm
Compressor.......................................Dual Sided Centrifugal Impeller with Radial Inducer Vanes
Combustion Chamber........................9 thru-flow can type combustion chambers, Duplex Burners
Compressor Turbine..........................1 Stage Axial
Layout...............................................Single Spool Turbo-Jet with accessory gearbox at front.
Starting..............................................Rotax Electric Starter
Ignition..............................................High Tension Torch Ignitors
Fuel System...................................... Piston Pump with Hydromechanical Governor, Barometric (Altitude) Control Unit
Oil System.........................................Return System with Pressure and Scavenge pumps, Intergral Oil Tank.
Accessories.......................................Cooling Fan Mounted on centre shaft, External Airframe Mounted A/Gearbox
Weight..............................................1300 Lbs
Applications......................................Gloster Meteor Aircraft, Renault Clio

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 31 January 2003

This ought to do it:

http://www.gasturbine.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/derwent1.jpg

Power Output....................................3500 Lbs Static Thrust
RPM.................................................14,700 rpm
Compressor.......................................Dual Sided Centrifugal Impeller with Radial Inducer Vanes
Combustion Chamber........................9 thru-flow can type combustion chambers, Duplex Burners
Compressor Turbine..........................1 Stage Axial
Layout...............................................Single Spool Turbo-Jet with accessory gearbox at front.
Starting..............................................Rotax Electric Starter
Ignition..............................................High Tension Torch Ignitors
Fuel System...................................... Piston Pump with Hydromechanical Governor, Barometric (Altitude) Control Unit
Oil System.........................................Return System with Pressure and Scavenge pumps, Intergral Oil Tank.
Accessories.......................................Cooling Fan Mounted on centre shaft, External Airframe Mounted A/Gearbox
Weight..............................................1300 Lbs
Applications......................................Gloster Meteor Aircraft, Renault Clio
was about to say that looked like a rolls royce nene engine.